The New World

Started by edison, December 09, 2004, 12:09:28 AM

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghostboy
"i beg u. let not america go wrong in the first hour" -- wauv. *drools a bit*

this'll be beyond brilliant. i'm beginning to think that mallick was just waiting for kubrick to die so he could take over being The One. there just couldn't be two.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Watching the trailer reminded me of how much of a treat that Mallick's films are.  If there's any director I'm bummed doesn't have more films, it's him.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

SiliasRuby

My God...This is going to be Amazing. P is right, Mallick is the new Kubrick.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Quote from: SiliasRubyP is right, Mallick is the new Kubrick.

is kubrick old!?

MY GODMAN!
context, context, context.

meatball

Quote from: Ghostboy

I want to cry. First, at how beautiful this film is going to be. Secondly, at how shitty Brazoliange's posts are.

Brazoliange

it was a failed attempt at sarcasm
Long live the New Flesh

Pwaybloe

This does look fascinating and I'm excited as much as the rest of you, but, with reluctance.  Very "Dances-with-Wolves-ish."  Maybe that's just how they're marketing it.

metroshane

History of the west in 2 hours?  Wouldn't an accurate movie be at least 6 weeks long.  I wonder how much they'll choose to show and how accurate it will be.  I see from the stills that Collin is going all Last Samuri and training(???) with the native americans.  I wonder if plot point two will be "here's some chicken pox...now give us your land.  Now I'll steal your best looking squaw and slaughter your people."

Man I'm unimpressed by all these epics and by Colin Ferrel himself.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I know you guys here at Xixax can't see a movie without my approval, well here you go.  Judging by the trailer and things I'm reading about it, it seems all right.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

lamas

Quote from: metroshaneHistory of the west in 2 hours?  Wouldn't an accurate movie be at least 6 weeks long.  I wonder how much they'll choose to show and how accurate it will be.  I see from the stills that Collin is going all Last Samuri and training(???) with the native americans.  I wonder if plot point two will be "here's some chicken pox...now give us your land.  Now I'll steal your best looking squaw and slaughter your people."

Man I'm unimpressed by all these epics and by Colin Ferrel himself.

i guess they shouldn't even bother releasing this then, huh?  two words for ya:  Terrence Malick.  his films should hardly be compared to Alexander, The Last Samurai...  if you don't think his films are a gift from God, then i don't understand you.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: metroshaneHistory of the west in 2 hours?  Wouldn't an accurate movie be at least 6 weeks long.

I didn't get the sense that this is trying to tell the"history of the west". Just using that moment in history as a framing device for a story. A story that seems pretty intimate in scale, even though grand in scope, visually at least.

this really does look amazing.
...your excuses are your own...

Sleuth

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: metroshaneHistory of the west in 2 hours?  Wouldn't an accurate movie be at least 6 weeks long.

I didn't get the sense that this is trying to tell the"history of the west". Just using that moment in history as a framing device for a story. A story that seems pretty intimate in scale, even though grand in scope, visually at least.

this really does look amazing.

Metros Hane was just promoting his latest gig
I like to hug dogs

modage

Quote from: metroshaneHistory of the west in 2 hours?
i wouldnt worry about that.  with Malick at the helm I'm sure it'll feel like 2 years.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: metroshaneHistory of the west in 2 hours?
i wouldnt worry about that.  with Malick at the helm I'm sure it'll feel like 2 years.
it's no Sith. :yabbse-rolleyes:
under the paving stones.