The Tree of Life

Started by modage, January 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM

Ravi

The rat now spreads Enlightenment wherever it goes.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

cinemanarchist

That rat has no use for a traditional narrative.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

The rat is beyond narrative.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

matt35mm

Pas

Oh man I'll die this is too funny

samsong

this is the discussion/digression i was waiting for.

cinemanarchist

That rat is a huge Zoolander fan.

MacGuffin

Did you already have The Burial for that dead rat?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Has anyone had the displeasure of having to see a blu-ray of this movie at their screening? I was fortunate enough to see a film print, but a friend went today and it was a blu-ray! SHIT AIN'T RIGHT. He asked for his money back.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: JG on June 01, 2011, 05:45:36 PM
Has anyone had the displeasure of having to see a blu-ray of this movie at their screening? I was fortunate enough to see a film print, but a friend went today and it was a blue-ray! SHIT AIN'T RIGHT. He asked for his money back.

The Sunshine is showing a digital print, which is sadly what most of America is watching their movies off of now, but it's a HD and not a disc. Better quality than Blu-Ray but after seeing a print of Badlands a few weeks ago, my heart did kind of sink when I realized the Fox Searchlight logo was digital.

JG

I am under the impression that they have both a digital print and a film print and alternate depending on the screening. I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I SAW A FILM PRINT.

cinemanarchist

They do have it on two screens, so I'm guessing one screen has a print and one has a digital print (hate that term.)
*I take it back, 4 screens.*

Fuck, people love that rat.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

!!!!!  That it's being distributed in digital format is horrible news, especially because when this comes to my city it'll be at a Regal and they don't give a fuck.  They'll project the movie upside down and not care etc.  But at least I now know to ask.  Supreme sadness if it only plays in digital format.  Maybe each theater within the limited release receives a film print and digital option for additional screens?
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Merrill Errol Lehrl on June 01, 2011, 06:09:57 PM
!!!!!  That it's being distributed in digital format is horrible news, especially because when this comes to my city it'll be at a Regal and they don't give a fuck.  They'll project the movie upside down and not care etc.  But at least I now know to ask.  Supreme sadness if it only plays in digital format.  Maybe each theater within the limited release receives a film print and digital option for additional screens?

If The Sunshine really does have a film print, that pisses me off because I was at the midnight show and they added a 12:05 after that one sold out, and that would mean those procrastinator's got the print! At smaller theater's like that though, sometimes the house the movie is in dictates if it's digital or not. At The Magnolia in Dallas our digital prints had to go in one specific theater.