What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

McfLy

Just saw it for the first time, now I'm on my way to go buy it.

gob

I think as far as Scorsese goes it's a pretty underrated movie. Your decision to purchase is the correct one sir.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: squints on October 26, 2006, 11:41:26 AM
wait for it....wait for it....

yeah, that's right

:bravo:
but... all 50 at once?  :ponder:

squints

Quote from: overmeunderyou on October 26, 2006, 02:08:05 PM
but... all 50 at once?  :ponder:

I'm an idiot and should have put this in I just bought...
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

and I still wonder why this isn't a criterion yet...

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

i had heard this wasnt good, but i figured after Borat and rewatching the entire series recently it would atleast be worth a look.  its true though, this is really really not good.  but it only makes me appreciate Borat even more because it suceeds in every way that this fails.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

gob

Quote from: modage on November 07, 2006, 08:06:17 PM

i had heard this wasnt good, but i figured after Borat and rewatching the entire series recently it would atleast be worth a look.  its true though, this is really really not good.  but it only makes me appreciate Borat even more because it suceeds in every way that this fails.

Precisely. I've spent many a time attacking my friends for sticking up for this film, Sacha Baron Cohen is capable of genius but Ali G Inda House is a piece of crap.

More to the point:

Forgot how good this is, even if they did overcook it by the 4th one.
Shane Black needs to write more films.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: gob on November 08, 2006, 04:10:28 AM
Shane Black needs to write more films.

I don't think that's the problem.  More studios need to produce Shane Black's scripts.

just put it on, will be the movie of the night.

squints

JG

A Matter Of Chance

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.