The only other actor next to Gary Oldman...

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 25, 2003, 11:43:24 PM

jokerspath

Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: jokerspath
Quote from: rustinglassadrien brody (I've oly seen him in the pianist and summer of sam, but that is a big enough transformation for me)

You weren't lucky enough to see him whimper for the camera once or twice for about twenty seconds in Mallick's three hour "Thin Red Line"?

aw
Oh yeah, I forgot that one, that's a very cool film.
Does he have a line in that, I can't remember...

Off hand I cannot remember (though I'm sure someone will be nice enough to fill us in).  I do know that he had a handful more before Mallick's six hour cut became three hours (I'd kill someone to get a copy of that work print).  I remember reading something (that was probably exagerrating a bit) that related that before the big cuts Brody was convinced he had one of the lead parts in the film.  

I read the book and his was a really neat character (w/ shades of homosexuality, infurtiating cowardice and, soon after, what some refer to as "the little man complex").  

Good actor, great film...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

rustinglass

That's amazing!
Richie the weirdo, a gay soldier and Wladislav Szpílman. Now that's reinvention.

Email or pm me if you ever get a copy of that, jokerspath.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

jokerspath

Quote from: rustinglassThat's amazing!
Richie the weirdo, a gay soldier and Wladislav Szpílman. Now that's reinvention.

Email or pm me if you ever get a copy of that, jokerspath.

Its like my fucking dream, but I've never seen evidence of it floating around in bootleg form or whatever...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT