Why all the hazzle about Clooney?? Ok.. he did play Batman..

Started by Tommy Both, March 01, 2003, 03:35:40 AM

Tommy Both

Actually I've always had respect for George, ever since he did From Dusk Till Dawn that is.. Never seen ER , so maybe that's in my advantage..

Almost every film he has done was good or above average... so I never got all that fuzz about him actually..

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)
Solaris (2002)
Welcome to Collinwood (2002)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Spy Kids (2001)  :twisted:
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
Three Kings (1999)
Thin Red Line, The (1998)
Out of Sight (1998)
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)

His filmography isn't thát bad now is it??
The bad films he made are the minority of his work:
the Peacemaker, Batman and Robin, The Perfect Storm, One Fine Day

so, is Clooney a better actor than let's say Brad Pitt?

Sigur Rós

Do you like him or not? I really like most of his work. Especially "O Brother where are Thou"!. Do people on this messageboard generally have something against him? :?

One last thing..... Spy Kids  :evil:

Gold Trumpet

George Clooney is fantastic! He is maybe the only guy working now that can carry the screen presence worthy of Humphrey Bogart. There is such a natural cool to much of his work that has a magic and power to it. Most actors try to force performances, while George Clooney knows he really needs to do nothing but stand there and smile and it will be equal to anyone else who does it. There is a great talent in making every little thing one does important.

And his cameo in Spy Kids, plus the movie, was great.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

I really like Clooney (except for his politics of course) and would say he is a better actor than Brad Pitt, not just based on the roles though. He doesnt want to do big budget movies anymore or take a big salary for them (i dont remember which) but he says he will work for cheap and take a percentage of the profits, I like that idea.

MacGuffin

Quote from: tommy_bothActually I've always had respect for George, ever since he did From Dusk Till Dawn that is..

Agreed.

Quote from: tommy_both
The bad films he made are the minority of his work: Batman and Robin

That was this man's fault:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Duck SauceI really like Clooney (except for his politics of course)

qué? politics?