A Guns 'n' f$!@ing Roses thread

Started by jtm, December 09, 2003, 09:48:30 PM

mogwai

good during 1986 to 1993. total horse shite since then.

Raikus

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: RaikusI think GnR fandom equates to this equation:

Under 20=GnR Suck!

Over 20=GnR Rule!

I'm over 20, and I think they suck. And always have. Never liked one song, never thought they were remotely interesting.
Yes, but you're Godardian. I'm thinking "Jesus Jones" was more your style.
Quote from: mogwaigood during 1986 to 1993. total horse shite since then.
100% accurate.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

godardian

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: godardian

:evil:
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Kal

Quote from: SHAFTRI don't consider them that great b/c they only really had one good/great album.

I think all their albums except Spaghetti Incident were awsome!

Pwaybloe

Quote from: godardianI'm over 20, and I think they suck. And always have. Never liked one song, never thought they were remotely interesting.

Hahaha!

godardian

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: godardianI'm over 20, and I think they suck. And always have. Never liked one song, never thought they were remotely interesting.

Hahaha!

Oh yeah? Well, "EMF" told me that you two were their biggest fans 'cos Axl Rose told you they "rocked"! Hahaha!!

I bet that "Slash" is regretting his dumb Michael Jackson association now... not to mention his soundtrack contributions to the awful Soundman...

They were just another bad Sunset Strip hair/metal band. At least Motley Crue had a sense of humor; G 'n R belongs in the same category as Skid Row and Queensryche, with their laughably unearned self-seriousness.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Raikus

Quote from: godardianThey were just another bad Sunset Strip hair/metal band. At least Motley Crue had a sense of humor; G 'n R belongs in the same category as Skid Row and Queensryche, with their laughably unearned self-seriousness.
While their personality and looks may place them with Skid Row and Queensryche their music makes them far superior.

How can you argue with "November Rain" and "Patience?"

I'm sure I'll find out how you'll argue with it. I was just being hypothetical.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

phil marlowe

godardian...you suck big time. why are you labeling them as hair metal? cos they got long hair?

and slash is so awesome, his solos make me cry in happiness. one of the very few guirarists that knows how to play with his dick, in a good way.

jtm

Quote from: mogwaigood during 1986 to 1993. total horse shite since then.

seeing how they haven't released an album or toured since 93, what are you basing that on?  unless your referring to their long awaited album floating around on kazaa.  in that case you'd be 100% right.

Quote="Sigur Rós"]Yeah, I 've gotten to like them more and more. When I was smaller I was really more into metallica but now I definately prefere Tha Guns.

funny story about them.  in 93 i saw guns in sacremento, and this was right after the big GNR/Metallica tour.  between every song axl would just go off on how "james hetfeild & lars ulrich were racist cocksuckers and would fuck them over everynite in someway or another."  well, before long bottles were being tossed on stage, and one met with duff the bassplayers head knocking him unconcious.  axl says 'thanks to someone throwing a bottle of piss at duff, this fucking shows over"  and threw the mic down and walk offstage.  end of show, no refund.  as pissed as i was about missing the rest of the show, i was psyched i got to witness one of axl's  tantrums in person.

on a side note...has anyone heard duff mckagons 1st solo album?  one of the most underrated solo albums imo.

freakerdude

Appetite kicked fucking ass and that was it for them. Axel is a bad celebrity and he had some trouble here in Atlanta. A fan tried to get on stage several times and a security/bouncer kept throwing the guy back. Axel kicks the security guard in the head and I think the show went on regardless of this show stopper.

Don't forget Axel's notorious show cancelling. I think he was the cancer that killed the band. Didn't he decide to cancel the new GNR during a flight to the show quite a few months ago?
MC Pee Pants

MacGuffin

Guns N' Roses members sue Geffen

Three original members of Guns N' Roses reunited Monday to sue Geffen Records in U.S. District Court to stop the release of a greatest hits compilation. The judge did not immediately block the release, though W. Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan will have an opportunity to ask the court for a preliminary injunction on April 25, two days after the album comes out. "Their lawsuit is meritless," according to Universal Music Group, Geffen's parent. "Since the court has denied their application for a temporary restraining order, the album will be released as scheduled on April 23." Rose and the two former members said they filed the suit because they were not given an opportunity to approve the choice of songs, artwork, remastering or release date.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

They we're the best hair metal of the '80s I think ... but now they have Bucket Head in their band. Bucket Fucking Head.

AC DC sucks though.

mogwai

Quote from: MacGuffinGuns N' Roses members sue Geffen
aha... do i hint a possible reunion?

i wouldn't be surprised though.

Just Withnail

Someday, when I have enough energy, I'll tell you all how much I hate Guns N' Roses.

MacGuffin

Judge Allows Release of Guns N' Roses CD

LOS ANGELES - A federal judge has rejected a bid by Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and two of the metal band's former members to block Geffen Records from releasing a greatest hits compilation next week.

Rose sued the record label, a unit of Universal Music Group, last week, saying he never gave his permission to release the record or have its hits remixed for the new album. Former band members Slash and Duff McKagan, who haven't been in the band since the early 1990s, joined the lawsuit.

But on Monday, U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer denied Rose's request for an order blocking the release, scheduled for next Tuesday. The next hearing in the case is set for two days later.

"Their lawsuit is meritless," Universal Music Group spokesman Peter LoFrumento said Tuesday. "Fortunately, since the court has denied their application for a temporary restraining order, the album will be released as scheduled."

Rose's management declined to comment.

Led by the mercurial Rose, Guns N' Roses soared to superstar status in the late 1980s following the release of "Appetite for Destruction," with hits such as "Paradise City," "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

The group continued to rack up hits in the early 1990s, but by the midpoint of the decade Rose was left as the only original member. He attempted a comeback in 2002 with a new lineup, but it fizzled after he was a no-show at several planned concerts.

Geffen decided to go ahead with the greatest hits album because Rose did not deliver on promises to complete a new record, tentatively titled, "Chinese Democracy," a source familiar with the deal said on condition of anonymity.

Geffen has paid $13.5 million into the "Chinese Democracy" project, which has been more than seven years in the making, the source said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks