Best Cinematography

Started by Pedro, April 05, 2003, 01:28:30 AM

kotte

Quote from: peteChris Doyle.

How could I forget him? He's absolutely one of the best.
Anyone's know a site with info about him? A bit more substantial than imdb.

Dod's minidv work on 28 days later was fantastic. Proof it can be done...though with some heavy post-work.

MacGuffin

Quote from: kotteAnyone's know a site with info about him? A bit more substantial than imdb.

Go to IMDB. Type in Christopher Doyle. Click on Miscellaneous.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I saw Chris Doyle do a (faux) striptease last week.

©brad

oh yeah?

u ever had an ostrich burger?

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: kotteAnyone's know a site with info about him? A bit more substantial than imdb.

Go to IMDB. Type in Christopher Doyle. Click on Miscellaneous.

that's great...thanks.

pete

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: peteChris Doyle.

How could I forget him? He's absolutely one of the best.
Anyone's know a site with info about him? A bit more substantial than imdb.

Dod's minidv work on 28 days later was fantastic. Proof it can be done...though with some heavy post-work.

check out Festen, he did the dv work in that, and julien donkey boy too.  he's coming out with danny boyle's millions next month, I saw it earlier this week, it was amazing.  the movie and the cinematography.

ghostboy: HOW did you see chris doyle faux strip tease?!  I saw him doing a drunken one in the making of Hero, but wow.  where were you?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

I was at the Berlin Talent Campus and he was one of the lecturers. At one point during one of the panels, there was a delay in projecting a video clip, and to fill the gap he jumped to his feet and started an oh-so-sexy soft shoe number.

pete

aw man you're so lucky.  I heard he and Gus Van Sant did a lecture at the USC, some girl in the audience was trying to ask him a question, he was drunk and just got too impatient with her polite words so he shouted "YO BITCH!" into the crowd.
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

That's pretty much exactly what he was like - except that he was also incredibly warm and gracious. So, in the case you mentioned, after saying YO BITCH, he would have probably smiled like a teddy bear and everyone would be like, "oh, he's so cute!" He's also, of course, incredibly smart, even when he's tanked, and he's a joy to speak to.

Here's one of the pics I took of him, showcasing the aforementioned winning smile:

pete

yeah he's had a crazy life and he's eloquent in English, Chinese AND French, not just fluent, but eloquent.  man, he's just the perfect man!
he used to work under my mom in the Taiwanese cultural office in Taipei way back in the early 80s.
- Buster Keaton

modage

until just now i thought that Emmanuel Lubezki and Matthew Libatique were the same person.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on November 13, 2006, 08:48:12 PM
until just now i thought that Emmanuel Lubezki and Matthew Libatique were the same person.
Lub > Lib
under the paving stones.