Paparazzi

Started by MacGuffin, August 26, 2004, 12:16:09 PM

MacGuffin

Starring: Cole Hauser, Robin Tunney, Dennis Farina, Tom Sizemore, Larry Cedar  

Directed by: Paul Abascal  

Premise: When an overzealous group of four paparazzi photographers cause a car accident that injures his wife (Tunney) and son, a hot young (and very angry) movie star named Bo Laramie (Hauser) concocts a revenge plot against them.

Release Date:  September 3rd, 2004 (wide)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

to me, this seems like the type of movie that was made for actors in LA because who else can relate to this, really?  like the show entourage it seems incredibly self indulgent regardless of the 'thriller/revenge' spin they've put on it to attract a wide audience.  this seems like a movie that has to come out in sept or jan-march.  it also looks bad.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

you know, I came up with an idea like that in 10th grade, based on a news story about how JFK Jr. was stalking paparazzi in revenge.  it sucks that now I can't make that movie anymore.  my version is awesomer, and like an indiana jones story but with a parazzo instead of indy.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

this movie looks pretty lame.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Except Entourage is actually pretty cool.

SiliasRuby

It is an interesting idea but I agree with this statement...
Quote from: themodernage02this seems like the type of movie that was made for actors in LA
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

diggler

yea it's definitley an inside joke. if it played to non actors than the paparazzi would be the heroes

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02to me, this seems like the type of movie that was made for actors in LA because who else can relate to this, really?

Anyone who knows how Princess Diana died.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

eh, can't really fuck with that statement