Cellular

Started by MacGuffin, June 01, 2004, 01:16:55 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer .

Release Date: September 17th, 2004 (wide)

Cast: Kim Basinger, Chris Evans, Jason Statham, Jessica Biel, Noah Emmerich, William H. Macy, Valerie Cruz, Eric Etebari, Rick Hoffman, Matt McColms, Dat Phan.

Director: David Ellis (Final Destination 2, Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco)

Screenwriter: Larry Cohen (The Stuff, Q: The Winged Serpent, It's Alive!; he's also got Phone Booth coming); rewrite by Chris Morgan (debut); polish by J. Mackeye Gruber and Eric Bress (writing team of Final Destination 2 and The Butterfly Effect)

Premise: A young man (Evans) receives a call on his cellular phone from a woman (Basinger) who says she's been kidnapped (by Statham's character), and thinks she's going to be killed soon, along with her husband and son who the kidnappers have gone after next. The catch? She doesn't know where she is... and his cell phone battery might go dead soon. (Macy plays a police officer.)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

looks like fun. if anything, it has macy in it.

pete

a cellphone is one of the least cinematic props ever.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alethia

unless he had one a those big ol ones that look like the first versions of indoor portable phones.  y'know, like zack from saved by the bell had.

The Perineum Falcon

NEVER. ANSWER. YOUR. PHONE. AGAIN.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

NEON MERCURY

i remember seeing the traioler before TDAT..and thinking that this film loooks incredibly stupid and just another typical thriller that been doen better on an episode of 24...also this is even more proof that the pretty little oscar statuette seems out of place sitting on kim basinger s shelf........

matt35mm

This movie has the best tagline ever, though:

If The Signal Dies, So Does She.

I love that so much.

cine

Ebert boldly called this "one of the year's best thrillers."  :shock:

I still won't see it.

Finn

It was hilarious! I think it was supposed to be a really chessy B-movie and it totally worked as that.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Finn

haven't seen that one
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: ...& IChessy? Like Seventh Seal?
Did you just compare this to a Bergman film?

cine

Quote from: ...& IDid you just take me seriously?  :wink:
I just took you, baby, and I'm not letting go.