The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

modage

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: classical gasdidn't they uncover a lot of music that was unreleased from the white album?  has anyone heard anything about this?

Yes they did but it is very rare and hard to find.
i've never heard of this.  is there any websites that list the songs that should be there?  or any known bootlegs that have the songs?  or are they just readily floating around on soulseek?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Not that I know of but I'll look
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: classical gasdidn't they uncover a lot of music that was unreleased from the white album?  has anyone heard anything about this?

Yes they did but it is very rare and hard to find.
i've never heard of this.  is there any websites that list the songs that should be there?  or any known bootlegs that have the songs?  or are they just readily floating around on soulseek?

I have the book EMI's the Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years by Mark Lewisohn, which btw amazon has it as OOP, and as far as I remember there were not much songs left out for the white album, or at least to make another, in fact George Martin didn't want that album to be double but they insisted on it, I'll try to give it another read at those sessions and see if they recorded other songs. Right now I'm remembering there was this Paul's recording called Carnival Light or something, it was a sort of Revolution #9 thing, but IIRC it was made before it, really experimental, they never released that one in those years (60's), but now I don't know if hey did in recent years (90's - 00's).

mogwai

Quote from: FernandoEMI's the Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years by Mark Lewisohn
also known as the complete "beatles" chronicle a.k.a. the bible 8)

SiliasRuby

Gee, I might be wrong, I just heard from a friend that there was this certain 'black album' so it might just be bullshit rumor that my friend fell for and thought was true but I don't know....sorry

My Collection

MacGuffin

Maybe your friend meant these:

Stolen Beatles tapes found in Australia

Stolen reel-to-reel tapes thought to be original studio recordings by the Beatles have been found in Australia.

Police recovered a recording of the White album - officially titled The Beatles - and one of the Abbey Road album as well as original artwork.

They had been advertised for sale in the listings section of a Sydney newspaper.

Detectives arrested a 27-year-old man after uncovering the haul, but he was later released without charge.

Australian police were tipped off by British detectives from Operation Acetone, an investigation into thefts of original Beatles music from Abbey Road studios in London in the 1960s and 1970s.

The attempt to sell them was reported to Acetone detectives following publicity over an operation two weeks ago in which 500 tapes, dubbed the Get Back sessions, were recovered.

Five people were arrested in London and the Netherlands and are still on police bail.

Two of those arrested were thought to have worked at Abbey Road studios.

They had allegedly tried to sell the tapes for £270,000.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Maybe, I'll double check with her Thursday which is the next time I see her. I heard about that happening so...maybe it was those. Thanks Mac.

My Collection

tpfkabi

you might be thinking of the White Album demos they recorded at George's house........search on eBay and you can find them.....i've never head them so i don't know the quality........there are a few White Album songs that didn't make the album that i know of like What's the New Mary Jane and some others
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

That's probably exactly what I am thinking about

My Collection

Weird. Oh

It's great to see that people still have a love for The Beatles 40 years after they made their splash into American popular culture. I myself am only 19 years old and The Beatles are my favorite band by far.  The Beatles were so many things. Their music represented an entire decade. They started out doing more blues-pop stylized music and as the decade wore on they grew into brilliant songwriters.

The Beatles in a span of 8 years made 13 albums. This feat has never been mimicked to date. Its not even like these albums were crap. They had amazing musical range. They did songs in a variety of styles. They played in virtually every key and timing. They utilized many different instruments that had never been heard in music prior. They used indian instrument and other instruments like a fire bell. In the studio is where they garnered a great deal of fame in regards to recording innovation. They utitlized feedback, chorus, delay, reverse tracking, reverb, distortion. They bascially created limitless tracking whereas prior musicians were limited to 4 tracks. This allowed them to use overdubs also.  Many people say Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club band was the first progressive rock album too.

I don't understand how anyone with knowledge of popular music throughout the 20th century could argue otherwise that The Beatles weren't the most important band. I'd like to see people disprove it and see the basis for their arguement. It's always refreshing to hear different viewpoints. So I'd appreciate it!
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

I was listening to a pretty heavy  beatles / beatle song  today  but I don't know what's its name...
Macca was the leading voice,  Á la 'Why Don't We Don't Do it in the Road" . Like I said, heavy (for Beatle standards). I'm guessing it's from his solo stuff, but if anyone knows which song might be, please let me know.
context, context, context.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

nope. I'm as intrigued as you may are now.

MacGuffin

Gonna need more to go on than that. Remember any lyrics?

Get Back?
Oh! Darling?
Back In The USSR?
I've Got A Feeling?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

i think there was a phrase that said "catch up".

There's a radio show here in Mexico called LA HORA DE LOS BEATLES (the beatles hour)  and you get to listen to geniunely rare stuff by them. I listened to it in the morning and  I tried to remind a piece of lyric  from it but  McCartney shouts  a lot.

Edit: It could be Paul McCartney's Monkberry Moon Delight.

IT IS!