matchstick men DVD documentary

Started by tpfkabi, March 11, 2004, 11:13:00 PM

tpfkabi

i saw that the Matchstick Men DVD had a 3 part documentary on the making of the film.

i wondered if anyone has watched this and what they thought?

the film wasn't my favorite, especially the ending, but i did enjoy the editing and some other things........anywho, if a few people think the doc is pretty interesting, i guess i'll give it a rent
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

It's actually one of the better Behind The Scenes docs. From the casting process, to location scouting and wardrobe fittings, to the scramble to shoot scenes because they're ahead of schedule, to the discussions of the tone of the movie (is it a comedy or drama?) and how the score should reflect that tone, to the test screening and reshoots. And because of all this good content, I felt that they could have shown even more. It felt a bit abrupt even at 70 minutes. I'd say it's worth a look, plus the commentary track is pretty good too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

hmmm.  that sounds really interesting.  i hate behind-the-scenes things that dont get as in-depth.  all of that is interesting, so you know, show it all?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.