The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

JG

My version is two mintues long.  I'll yousendit that one and couple other cool ones later if you want, but to tell you the truth i might have gotten the link for all the demos i have from this thread somewhere. 

SHAFTR

Quote from: bonanzataz on July 09, 2006, 02:32:04 PM
Quote from: SHAFTR on July 01, 2006, 02:22:42 AM
I just want to point out how fantastic John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band album is.  If you do buy the cd though, take off the 2 bonus tracks (Power to the People & Do the Oz) since they ruin the mood of the album.

agreed, but on its own, do the oz kicks ass. power to the people kind of blows.

It isn't about the quality of the songs that upsets me, it's just that they don't fit with the album.  It is perfect ending with "My Mummy's Dead".  Also, I have a problem with rock albums being revisted and tracks added.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

bonanzataz

i know. that's why i agreed with you.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

'New' Beatles Album to be Released
Producer George Martin remixes songs used for the Cirque du Soleil show, "Love."
From Reuters

A "new" album of Beatles music mixed by their legendary producer George Martin and described as a new "way of reliving the whole Beatles musical lifespan", will be released in November.

EMI Music and Apple Corps Ltd. said on Tuesday that Martin and his son Giles began work on the album, called "Love", after getting permission from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison representing John Lennon and George Harrison.

The music has already been used as the soundtrack to the theatrical Cirque du Soleil show called "Love".

"This music was designed for the Love show in Las Vegas but in doing so we've created a new Beatles album," George Martin said in a statement.

"The Beatles always looked for other ways of expressing themselves and this is another step forward for them.

"What people will be hearing on the album is a new experience, a way of re-living the whole Beatles musical lifespan in a very condensed period."

The Martins worked from the original master tapes from the Abbey Road studios to produce a medley of Beatles music by remixing favorite songs, such as Harrison's "Within You Without You" being played to the drum-track of "Tomorrow Never Knows."

EMI Music, part of EMI Group Plc, and Apple Corps Ltd., the English company that administers The Beatles' interests, said the album would be released worldwide in November. Additional information such as the track listing will be released later.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i dont' know if anyone else picked up the new 2 disc edition of Help! on DVD, but it has an "appreciation" by Martin Scorsese in the booklet.

some really beautiful sequences, especially the scenes that are a precursor to the modern music video.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Funny, riduculous, useless, Beatles News....(I still love them after all these years)...

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The Vatican's newspaper has finally forgiven John Lennon for declaring that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, calling the remark a "boast" by a young man grappling with sudden fame.

The comment by Lennon to a London newspaper in 1966 infuriated Christians, particularly in the United States, some of whom burned Beatles' albums in huge pyres.

But time apparently heals all wounds.

"The remark by John Lennon, which triggered deep indignation mainly in the United States, after many years sounds only like a 'boast' by a young working-class Englishman faced with unexpected success, after growing up in the legend of Elvis and rock and roll," Vatican daily Osservatore Romano said.

The article, marking the 40th anniversary of the Beatles' The White Album, went on to praise the pop band.

"The fact remains that 38 years after breaking up, the songs of the Lennon-McCartney brand have shown an extraordinary resistance to the passage of time, becoming a source of inspiration for more than one generation of pop musicians," it said.

Lennon was murdered in New York in 1980.

(Writing by Deepa Babington; editing by Keith Weir)

An unreleased, experimental track by The Beatles could be made public 41 years after it was recorded at Abbey Road studios, ex-member Paul McCartney has said.

McCartney, one of two surviving members of arguably the most successful pop band in history, told BBC Radio that "Carnival of Light" was The Beatles at their most free, "going off piste."

"I said it would be great to put this on because it would show we were working with really avant-garde stuff," McCartney told Radio 4's Front Row culture show in an interview to be broadcast on Thursday.

He confirmed that he had a master tape of the track, which many Beatles fans assumed until now was a piece of musical myth, and added: "The time has come for it to get its moment."
The 14-minute track was made for an electronic music festival, the only occasion the music was played in public.

"I said all I want you to do is just wander around all the stuff, bang it, shout, play it, it doesn't need to make any sense," McCartney told the program.

"Hit a drum then wander on to the piano, hit a few notes, just wander around. So that's what we did and then put a bit of an echo on it. It's very free."

In order for Carnival of Light to be released, McCartney would have to get the agreement of Ringo Starr and the estates of John Lennon and George Harrison. According to the BBC, McCartney had wanted to include the track on The Beatles' Anthology compilations in the mid-1990s, but the rest of the band vetoed the idea.

(Writing by Mike Collett-White)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

I'll never get over the amazing fact that the Beatles basically played out their whole career in 6 or 7 years. How is that possible? It feels like their career spanned 20-30 years.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

It was actually 12 years...they got together in 1958 and broke up in 1970 but I get your point.

My Collection

Stefen

But they weren't on the map until around 1964, right?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Even though Beatlemania era songs are easily forgettable.  They're catchy alright, but in the way that a headache is an aneurysm.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

Beatles' back catalogue to be remastered for September release

The Beatles' entire back catalogue has been digitally remastered for release this September.

The extensive collection, which features all 13 of The Beatles' studio albums along with the 'Past Masters' compilations, will be released worldwide on September 9 - the same day The Beatles' 'Rock Band' game is set to come out.

A statement regarding the release said that a team of Abbey Road technicians have spent four years remastering the albums in stereo, resulting in the catalogue being available to buy at its highest fidelity since it was first released.

For a limited time each album will contain an embedded link to a special mini-documentary featuring previously unreleased snippets of The Beatles chatting in the studio and archive footage.

Each stereo album will be available to buy individually, or as a collection in a box set.

A further box set of mono recordings - called 'The Beatles In Mono' - is also being released on September 9.

The new collection is the first time The Beatles' material has been remastered for CD since 1987.

It is currently unclear whether the collection will be available digitally. Speaking last month, George Harrison's son Dhani said the group is considering launching its own online application to sell its music digitally.

The full list of remastered Beatles' albums being released this September is as follows.

Stereo albums (available individually and as a box set):

'Please Please Me'
'With The Beatles'
'A Hard Day's Night'
'Beatles For Sale'
'Help!'
'Rubber Soul'
'Revolver'
'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'
'Magical Mystery Tour'
'The Beatles'
'Yellow Submarine'
'Abbey Road'
'Let It Be'
'Past Masters'

'The Beatles In Mono' (box set only):

'Please Please Me'
'With The Beatles'
'A Hard Day's Night'
'Beatles For Sale'
'Help!' (CD also includes original 1965 stereo mix)
'Rubber Soul' (CD also include original 1965 stereo mix)
'Revolver'
'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'
'Magical Mystery Tour'
'The Beatles'
'Mono Masters'

tpfkabi

I wish they would have just put both Mono and Stereo mixes on the same disc a la Pet Sounds, especially since they're not including outtakes, etc. and then have a seperate documentary DVD or something.

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas on April 07, 2009, 02:06:46 PM
I wish they would have just put both Mono and Stereo mixes on the same disc a la Pet Sounds, especially since they're not including outtakes, etc. and then have a seperat documentary DVD or something.

I second that idea.

My Collection

Ravi

Quote from: mogwai on April 07, 2009, 12:21:20 PM
It is currently unclear whether the collection will be available digitally. Speaking last month, George Harrison's son Dhani said the group is considering launching its own online application to sell its music digitally.

I hate the misuse of the word "digital."  CDs are digital!  DVDs are digital!  So yes, these songs are going to be available digitally!

I hope these remasters are done well, i.e., not compressed or noise-reduced or improperly EQed to death.