bright eyes

Started by Pedro, September 28, 2003, 07:57:35 PM

Pedro

I've seen him in the now playing thread a few times...

who where likes him?  who hates him?  I think he's released three solid albums

including this puppy:

Oh! and he's um, an amazing lyricist

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ghostboy

I really love him too. In fact, I think a lot of us do, but we haven't talked about it for the past few months which is why you probably missed this thread, which has the same title as yours but was hidden four pages back.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ElPandaRoyal

I'm listening to this for the first time, while I'm writing. First impression: muita bom (that's portuguese for very good.... well)
Si

aclockworkjj

conner is the shit...quite honestly....sad as it has to be, he has taken the place of mr. smith as the new songwriter of my generation.  

Jake_82

seriously, best songwriter of our generation... I have all the albums and eps and crap (except the Christmas Album --traditional songs-- coming in the mail on monday), cause I'm an obsessed emo dork like that. I was lucky enough to see him playing last august with Belle and Sebastian in Berkeley, which was just like an orgasm parade... he played this insane cover of Mozart's "Ode to Joy" where he flipped out and writhed on the ground, and I was like, "cool."

He's going to be my wife.  :twisted:
your reality is at the end of your dream

European Son

I heard that a new album is dropping in 2004. Anyone heard anything?

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Robyn

it's everything I want from a BE comeback song. A nice combination of the maturity of his new lyrics and the old school BE sound, including a classic Oberst shout! While listening to his new songs it's obvious to me that he's going through some relationship problems, which I guess is bad for him but good for us. We all know that he can write a good song in his sleep, but in the last few years he's back to evoking those feelings that made many of us fall in love with him.

Also, I don't agree with Polkas statement that BE is a one-man band. Mike Mogis is pretty much equally as important.