Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Speaking of I Am Cuba, I love the shot where the camera swoops down through the trees and follows that guy. You know, that one. I'm just thinking, how the hell did they do that back in '64?
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

cine

Quote from: meaty ogreI'm just thinking, how the hell did they do that back in '64?
1964 Sony Camera Sweeper.

picolas

cine

picolas

Quote from: CinephileSorry. My brother typed that.
SOMEONE ELSE DARED USED YOUR ACCOUNT?

BAN

Pubrick

composed shot = single frame

not moving shot (many million frames)
under the paving stones.

mogwai

director's series, vol. 1 - the work of director spike jonze

to be continued...

Pubrick

ekzellent!

yes, good that u started with the least visually exciting.. the rest can only be awesomer.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Why isn't there more Kurosawa in this thread?

picolas

Quote from: RaviWhy isn't there more Kurosawa in this thread?
Mr. Kurosawa asked me to relay the following:

"Kurosawa doesn't have to talk to you."

Fernando

May I request some caps?

I want so bad a cap from la Saraghina from 8 1/2, couldn't find one on the net.

From In the Mood for Love:

At the beginning there's a shot of Mrs. Chan walking down the corridor and there's a quick cut to her hand touching  the door, so that's the one, feel free to add caps for this one, it was so beautifuly shot.

Side note:

Am I the only one who can't see the following caps?
From: animatrix at the bottom of page 9 by picolas and These by m.o.g.w.a.i. among others made by Mac, more of picolas and mog.

mogwai

Quote from: FernandoAm I the only one who can't see the following caps?
From: animatrix at the bottom of page 9 by picolas and These by m.o.g.w.a.i. among others made by Mac, more of picolas and mog.
my boogie nights caps doesn't exist anymore, they're in recycle bin heaven. picolas caps doesn't work at the moment because his server is down at the moment. and mac's angelfire.com account is not working or something. maybe mac can explain that for you.

and mac could cap your requests and i could host them. pm me mac!

Pubrick

gondry time!

and for extra points, a cap from his new Steriogram video..
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

it has to look good as a cap. i only requested cos mog is doing a series on director's label dvds, it wasn't just random.
under the paving stones.