Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

Spike

Se7en:
- When Somerset walks through the library, surrounded by that great classical music. This whole scene is just amazing!

Boogie Nights:
- The Pool Party at Jack's house. "Spill the Wine!!!!"
- At Rahad Jacksons house.
- The beginning shot.

Magnolia:
- Donnie's entrance into the bar with that great music.

Fight Club:
- The sex-scene with Marla and Tyler.

The Game
- When Van Orton comes into his house and everything's put in blue neon-light and that music starts. Great!

By the way: How do you guys put all your favourite shots into your post? I mean, where do you get that shots from?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

prophet

We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Sleuth

upload them to a site

you can use a free one like geocities

they don't allow remote linking

The trick is, once you've uploaded it, change the filename to whatever you want .txt

then you come to post it here, click the Img button, enter the address where it's at
I like to hug dogs

rustinglass

thank you both, I could do more but I'm tired.

Paris, Texas

Dancer

O Delfim

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Sunset Boulevard
Though done with a mirror, it's great shot from the bottom of the swimming pool looking up at William Holden's body:

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Always loved how the barrel of the gun was in perfect focus with the actors:

Life Lessons from New York Stories
Doesn't seem to translate well with just a frame, but this entire sequence of one, then two, then a third Nick Nolte appearing to work on different parts of the painting is a wonderful concept in framing and set-up:

Thanks for the help.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinSunset Boulevard
Though done with a mirror, it's great shot from the bottom of the swimming pool looking up at William Holden's body:

hey!  i requested that exact shot for a cap like months ago, but no one ever got it for me. i wanted to use it for my avatar.  do you mind if i steal it after i'm done with this bill and ted?  i love that shot.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02do you mind if i steal it after i'm done with this bill and ted?  i love that shot.

What do you got in trade?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

aww shucks. unfortunately i dont have a dvd-rom, so i have no capping capabilities whatsoever.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Spike

Quote from: stuart braithwaitehere you go, spike, i hope you like 'em:

Quote from: SpikeBy the way: How do you guys put all your favourite shots into your post? I mean, where do you get that shots from?
you need a dvd rom player first. second, a software that can play dvd movies like powerdvd. you can make still pictures with powerdvd etc.

link

Thanks, that's it! :-D

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica

Spike

Quote from: rustinglassfor spike
And thanks to you! Really great shots!

Spike

There's also another great shot:
The very last shot of "Fight Club" just before the credits begin.
You see Jack and Marla standing hand-in-hand in front of the buildings, which are crashing down.
Could somebody please post that screenshot? It's really amazing.

rustinglass

If I remember correctly, there is a single frame of a penis before the credits on fight club, just like pitt appears on single frames before they meet in the beggining.

meanwhile, here's some Europa:

lars is da man
-Emir Kusturica

Gamblour.

For those wanting the Fight Club subliminal cap, click here.
WWPTAD?