The Gadabout Travelling Film Festival

Started by Ghostboy, October 01, 2004, 05:29:30 PM

Ghostboy

www.gadaboutfilmfest.com

I went to see this travelling film festival that stopped in DFW the other night, and it kicked ass. It's a group of folks driving around the country in a van with a projector and a screen and showing short films. Most of what they had to show as of the underground variety -- really bizarre/imaginative/darkly comedic stuff, most of which was very rough around the edges but which showed an enormous amount of skill. There's also some really good documentary shorts playing. The people that run it are just awesome -- they're very progressive and were great fun to hang out with. They function solely on donations, and it was really exciting/encouraging to see them working so hard to get this alternative form of distribution off the ground.

Anyway, they finished the first leg of their tour, but they have the entire West-Midwest of the country left to cover and will be on the road through November. So check out their schedule on their site and if you like underground film or progressive art or just cool folks who are passionate about what they do, you should really check it out.

Sadly, I expect no more than two (serious) replies to this post, at best, but I feel it's my duty as a champion of the liberal arts to help spread the word...

matt35mm

That sounds So. Frikkin. Cool.

I'm jealous of your experience.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Damn, missed it... three nights ago

First this, then Primer... I need to start paying more attention.

pete

DUDE.  you see the guy in my avatar?  that's George Cox.  He had a film in there and never told me about it!

EDIT: what?!  Neo-Teppin of Kaiju Big Battel!  I was in the sequel!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton