So far this year...

Started by Ghostboy, July 04, 2003, 08:17:18 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: ©bradin particular, i am dyyyyyying to see city of god. dying.
yeah i'll be catching that on dvd tomoro.

so at least my whole year won't be completely wasted.
under the paving stones.

Ernie

Just in abc order for me....ATRG, Kill Bill, and School of Rock are probably the best though...if I were to rank them. Great great great year for movies so far! It's already a classic year, already better than last year.

-All the Real Girls
-Bad Santa
-Elf
-Finding Nemo
-Kill Bill: Volume I
-Matchstick Men
-The School of Rock
-The Station Agent (maybe, still not sure)
-Uptown Girls

I still have a lot to see too....

-American Splendor
-Big Fish
-Elephant
-The Magladene Sisters (I think it's called?)
-Once Upon a Time in Mexico
-Pirates of the Carribean
-Shattered Glass

Pas

Ebes, perverted bastard  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Ernie

Quote from: Pas RapportEbes, perverted bastard  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Lol, what? Why do you say that?

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanLol, what? Why do you say that?
uptown girls.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: P
Quote from: ebeamanLol, what? Why do you say that?
uptown girls.

How dare you suppose I would use :twisted: in a serious manner ? Fool !

Ernie

Yea, I know you were joking, I was just wondering what you were joking about.

I did like that movie too, it's better than you might think. I don't know, Brittany Murphy doesn't get enough respect I don't think. It's sad that half her roles are just bizarre pyscho characters, she could be amazing.

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeamanI don't know, Brittany Murphy doesn't get enough respect I don't think. It's sad that half her roles are just bizarre pyscho characters, she could be amazing.
dakota fanning is better.
under the paving stones.

ono

Updated list for me.

* Finding Nemo              ****+ (Saw it a second time and it was even better.  A brilliant film.)
* Love Actually             ****+
* Lost in Translation       ****
* Kill Bill: Vol. 1         ****
* American Splendor         ****
* A Mighty Wind             ***½
* Bend it Like Beckham      ***½
* Girl with a Pearl Earring ***½
* All the Real Girls        ***

Can't wait to see 21 Grams, The Station Agent, and The Last Samurai.  Still need to see Mystic River.  Oh yeah, and Dogville, Elephant, and Gerry, though I doubt I'll get to see those any time soon.

The Silver Bullet

Thus far:

01. Kill Bill Vol. 1 *** ½
02. Japanese Story *** ½
03. School of Rock *** ½
04. Intolerable Cruelty ***
05. Mystic River ***
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

1. HULK .....................

2. Finding Nemo ........  

3. American Splendor ½

4. Reloaded ..............

5. Gerry ....................

honorable mentions
All the Real Girls ........ ½

Kill Bill vol 1................ ¼
under the paving stones.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: P5. Gerry ....................
wtf....that deserved like 5.

Pubrick

Quote from: aclockworkjjwtf....that deserved like 5.
i had to work out a system where HULK and Finding Nemo would equal perfection.

i love all the movies i listed, i would marry all of them.

but i think the extra bee u would give to Gerry is based on the pure delight of having never seen anything like it. i had already seen Walkabout, and that's a 5 bee picture. Gerry is 4 bee. deal with it.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

If you're saying Gerry is comparable to Walkabout, I need to run out and see Gerry NOW!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

all those bees :crazyeyes: ... it's mesmerizing

as for my list, well, i'm hesitant to put kill bill on it, not b/c i didn't love it cuz i did. i'm just wondering whether we should wait to see part II, b/c volume I is not really a complete film.  :?