The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Derek

The B.O. of The Green Zone has a direct impact on the greenlight of this. That's wonderful.

People still call it CMBB three years on....that's very cute!
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Marty McSuperfly

Dunno if anyone's interested (or if this is even allowed) but the script can be downloaded here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzmmjueoz2v

I'm not going to read it until after I see the film, but I know some people might like a sneak preview.
Moderators - if this isn't allowed, feel free to take this post down. Apologies...

Pubrick

i'll allow it.

where'd you get the link?
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Marty McSuperfly

I would love to say one of my contacts in the Hollywood community really came through for me, but considering I live in Scotland that ain't strictly true.
It came from a screenwriting forum. One of the members there posted it.

New Feeling

Thanks McSuperfly!  I will be reading this today. 

children with angels

You guys are crazy - there ain't no way I'm reading this! However early a draft it is, it has the power to severely decrease the viewing experience for me. I will of course, however, be simultaneously extremely jealous of those who do.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

mogwai

I ain't reading it either. Well, I've read a couple of pages out of context and it made no sense. But I read some descriptions of someone who've read and it sounds like PTA is going David Lynch on us. That makes sense because David Lynch stopped making movies after Twin Peaks right?

Kellen

I think i'll read just a little bit of it and get a taste of whats coming.
thanks for posting the link man!

Stefen

This is the greatest day of my life.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on March 22, 2010, 02:28:55 PM
This is the greatest day of my life.

Greater than the birth of your fake child?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gittes

I will not be reading any version of the script until I see the film but I would appreciate some spoiler-free impressions.

md

Renner would merk this role.  I can't see anyone but him playing this now. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

john

Agreed on Renner. When I'd initially read  the plot synopsis and brief character descriptions here and on Playlist, he sounded entirely inappropriate for the rule... now that I'm actually reading it, all I can see is how complimentary he'd be for it.

I haven't read the whole thing, but in the little bit I have, I'm immediately struck by the authority PTA has for the locations he provides. They seem so rich and expansive and absolutely perfect.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.