Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Started by wilder, December 17, 2016, 06:29:40 PM

wilder

The Major (Scarlett Johansson), a special ops, one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid, leads an elite task force known as Section 9. Devoted to stopping the most dangerous criminals and extremists, Section 9 is faced with an enemy whose singular goal is to wipe out Hanka Robotic's advancements in cyber technology.

Directed by Rupert Sanders
Release Date - March 31, 2017

super cautiously optimistic...

Lottery

I'm a big fan of the films and the TV show and I'm not exactly on board with this one. A few cool shots here and there but the rest is alarming. TV show included, there's a fair amount of content to use for a feature (the anime film is pretty short). I believe it's possible to make a good GiTs film, but I'm not sure they picked the right people for the job.

If this isn't a failure commercially (or critically), Hollywood might finally get that Akira film going (another property to be cautious about).

Robyn

this could have been a masterpiece, but everything about it felt so generic and bland. even the visuals wasn't as impressing as I expected.

Sleepless

^ Agree. I watched it on a plane. It was a perfect plane movie.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.