Man i hate Limp Bizkit

Started by Banky, September 16, 2003, 09:40:56 PM

phil marlowe

Quote from: moonshineri wouldn't put Rage Against the Machine in the rap metal category...no DJ, and Zach wasn't really rapping, when they first came out, it was something different altogether....inspired by rap definitely

it's the hip thing to do, hate Fred Durst...but i don't really like his band either, so i'm legit...and in no way do i feel bad for Fred Durst
rage against the machine is like the definition of rap metal. i do't get your point about the dj, it isn't rap cos there's no dj? what? zack isn't rapping?

the verses is all about hip hop. it's a simple drum figure and a simple bass riff, without the shade of any kind of melody. a simple hip hop beat. and the chorus is a heavy groove riff, metal.

and rollin is indeed cheesy but it rocks very much. and yeas, i fucking HATE fred durst.

pete

Quote from: moonshiner

it's the hip thing to do, hate Fred Durst...but i don't really like his band either, so i'm legit...and in no way do i feel bad for Fred Durst

wait, just because everyone hates him all at the same time it's not legit to hate Fred Durst?  But YOU can hate him because you happen to hate three more people than everyone else and that makes you LEGIT?  Well I hate you and your mom so I'm Le-fucking-git.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

moonshiner

i know you will quit though, i won't....

Quote from: phil marlowethe verses is all about hip hop. it's a simple drum figure and a simple bass riff, without the shade of any kind of melody.

i like the sound of that better, rap metal has been given a bad name by a bunch of artists, leaving me to seek out only rap in its purest form....they helped popularize rap metal, but they weren't rap metal....just like nirvana and pearl jam helped popularize grunge rock, but i wouldn't pigeonhole them like that, ahhhh...this is all genre bullshit, Rage can be called rap metal, and Pearl Jam and Nirvana can definitely be called grunge rock
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I like some of Limp Bizkit's older stuff, even if it's not "mainstream" err..."underground" enough to think so.  *Ponders the small difference, goes to watch Fargo*
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanRead this. Trust me.

Great article. We need more like 'em. Does no-one ponder the complacency of culturally programmed concepts of sex and gender anymore? *Putters off to luxuriate in some more Morrissey tunes*
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

:oops: ...the only bizcut song i thought was worthy enough to turn up in my car was "re-arranged"..its actually quite good..he sings rather than raps on it ....

phil marlowe

Quote from: moonshineri like the sound of that better, rap metal has been given a bad name by a bunch of artists, leaving me to seek out only rap in its purest form....they helped popularize rap metal, but they weren't rap metal....just like nirvana and pearl jam helped popularize grunge rock, but i wouldn't pigeonhole them like that, ahhhh...this is all genre bullshit, Rage can be called rap metal, and Pearl Jam and Nirvana can definitely be called grunge rock
grunge is another story because it's more like a movement than an actual genre. all those bands were very different but something happended with rock music and it happend in seattle and they gave it a name for that.

this may be a load of genre crap and all but rage machine is rap metal in it's purest form, i don't really get what you're saying.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Ernie

Quote from: tremoloslothfuck genres

Yea, it's just as confusing with music as it is with movies for me. I don't even bother with it anymore. They're too diverse and eclectic now as they have evolved to be broken into such specific categories. I mean, does anybody really know what emo is? I don't think I'll ever know.

Ghostboy

JB, that's the best thing I've read all day, and almost all week. To tie it everything together, I'd like to mention Fred Durst's godawful cover of Wish You Were Here at the 9/11 tribute concert, or whatever the hell that was.

pete

yeah Fred, sorry they can't be here, they're killed by a bunch of terrorists you fucker.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

moonshiner

pete you are one intense dude....phil marlowe, bad example with the grunge rock thing, i guess all of my arguing is for that part of me that hates rap metal, but loves Rage Against the Machine....but my last statement in my last post was just to say that it's definitely not crazy to call Rage... rap metal, not at all.  I just don't....love the band, hate the genre they fell into

and JB, very nice article....there's a lot to be said about how pop culture reflects politics....and I am very worried about our next election, we are probably to doomed to another 4 years with that oaf
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Dirk

At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

smash

Quote from: DirkHahahaha
This suit actually seems realistic and worthy to be done because the people paid for 90 minutes but only got 25.  The Creed one irritated me because they sued on a subjective opinion.  They sued because the show was crappy.  Come on, they were at a Creed show, what did they expect?