The best album I've heard all year....

Started by -dazza-, April 23, 2003, 09:22:21 AM

European Son

I change my mind to Blur's Think Tank. That is the best release of the year so far that I've heard. Radiohead comes out June 10 though..........

godardian

Quote from: European SonI change my mind to Blur's Think Tank. That is the best release of the year so far that I've heard. Radiohead comes out June 10 though..........
:oops: I'm thinking of picking up the Radiohead just for the brilliant cover art. I've heard what's inside, though... :oops:

I also really like Think Tank.

But my absolute far-and-away top album of the year is Black Box Recorder's Passionoia. It'll take something really, really brilliant to top it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

European Son

Quote from: godardian:oops: I'm thinking of picking up the Radiohead just for the brilliant cover art. I've heard what's inside, though... :oops:
Ah, come on. How can you not like "A Wolf At The Door"?

QuoteI also really like Think Tank.
It took a couple of weeks to grow on me, but now I absolutely love every track. It's probably my favorite style of Blur, actually.

modage

the radiohead has been growing on me.  i was so excited about it when i heard it would be their 'return to songwriting'.  (experimention of last two records plus songwriting of the two before that=very very exciting).  then i got the leaked unmastered versions and nothing jumped out at me and i was initially let down. so i put it away for awhile, so now with the mastered ones,  i put it back on.  i have discovered that the melodies have already made their places in my brain where all the songs seem familiar.  i like it.  but where it places among how much i like it, is yet to be decided.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.