Scarface

Started by SoNowThen, May 17, 2003, 12:35:45 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

I didn't like the original score and I sure as hell won't like it if Jay-Z touches it.  What the fuck is going on?  Are they on crack???
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

The Digital Bits has received confirmation from retail sources that Universal will be releasing a new Scarface: Collector's Edition on 9/30, along with a Scarface gift set that includes a re-done version of the original 1932 Scarface.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

im not a fan of the moroder score but don't fucking touch it either.  that's just wrong.  wrong wrong wrong.

SHAFTR

Scarface is a movie with many classic scenes...but I don't find the movie to be classic.

I love the soundtrack to Scarface...although
I had played Grand Theft Auto 3 before I saw the movie so I was going nuts when I saw that all the songs that I had liked in GTA3 was in Scarface.  I guess I'm backwards like that.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Quote from: ewardim not a fan of the moroder score but don't fucking touch it either.  that's just wrong.  wrong wrong wrong.

i heard that depalma is doing a anniversary edition and replacing all the guns with walkietalkies.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jokerspath

And all the beers w/ baloons.  And all the nunchuks w/ something not nunchuk-based...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

SoNowThen

...and I heard they're digitally removing all the cocaine, so at the end it just looks like Tony is nodding to sleep on his desk.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

markums2k

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: ewardim not a fan of the moroder score but don't fucking touch it either.  that's just wrong.  wrong wrong wrong.

i heard that depalma is doing a anniversary edition and replacing all the guns with walkietalkies.

Also, turns out Pacino was just a place-holder for the original hero of the film, Jabba the Hutt.  Now, with the wonders of CGI, we can finally have the film that the director originally envisioned.

Behold.  Huttface.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: SoNowThen...and I heard they're digitally removing all the cocaine, so at the end it just looks like Tony is nodding to sleep on his desk.

Actually, they're replacing all of the coke with three course meals, so everyone (including Pfeiffer) will be 200 lbs heavier (thank you CGI!)  :-D

P.S. So that means the final shootout scene will have a title card reading: "The Last Supper"
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Alethia

Keener

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonI didn't like the original score and I sure as hell won't like it if Jay-Z touches it.  What the fuck is going on?  Are they on crack???

Fully agree. The original score is so awful but Jay-Z would be a step in the wrong direction. Just leave Scarface be !!!

Does anyone else feel guilty ? I spent so many countless nights thinking of how even more awesome Scarface would have been with a different score but now God is trying to teach me a lesson. Fork !!!
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Cecil

Quote from: KeenerI spent so many countless nights thinking of how even more awesome Scarface would have been with a different score but now God is trying to teach me a lesson. Fork !!!

so this is ALL YOUR FAULT!!

modage

if they did do this, wouldnt it be more like "alt audio channel" instead of replacing the whole thing. just like a commentary track, so it wouldnt really bother anybody in the first place?  plus, have you seen CRIBS?! there are more rappers out there who love this movie than film geeks the world over.  this dvd is for them.  personally, i found it frightening how many of them look up to HIM as a sort of role model for cool.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

markums2k

Quote from: themodernage02if they did do this, wouldnt it be more like "alt audio channel" instead of replacing the whole thing. just like a commentary track, so it wouldnt really bother anybody in the first place?  plus, have you seen CRIBS?! there are more rappers out there who love this movie than film geeks the world over.  this dvd is for them.  personally, i found it frightening how many of them look up to HIM as a sort of role model for cool.

Definitely something to aspire to.  Gimme all your fucking bullets.

modage

Also finally revealed are the full specs for Scarface: Anniversary Edition. This Brian De Palma camp classic also streets on September 30th and will be available in both remastered anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks. Extras include the featurettes "The Rebirth of Scarface," "Acting Scarface" and additional interview footage presented by Def Jam featuring today's hottest music stars commenting on how Scarface has influenced their life and music, plus a comparison between the R-rated and TV versions. Other extras include stills and trailers. Retail is $24.95. Universal will also release a special limited edition box set called the Scarface Deluxe Gift Set, which also includes the complete 1932 version of Scarface and collectible packaging. Retail is $59.95.