Where The Wild Things Are

Started by tpfkabi, November 27, 2003, 09:31:27 PM

squints

has anyone seen this yet?

it gives me a tickle in my anus.
here's this if the pics not showing up: http://www.filmdrunk.com//ul/781-wildthingsare.jpg
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

jtm

a bunch of midgets in furry suits makes your anus tickle?

creepy.

Pubrick

Quote from: jtm on December 13, 2007, 10:15:41 PM
a bunch of midgets in furry suits makes your anus tickle?

i don't think any of them are midgets.

they all look normal adult size except the kid.

if anything, they're giants. giant wild midgets.
under the paving stones.

jtm

oh. my mistake.

so it's a bunch of giant, wild (and probably high) midgets that makes his anus tickle.

perfectly normal.

;-)

pete

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 26, 2007, 12:48:48 AM
the filmmakers enjoyed working with Williams, but her voice didn't match their original vision of how the Wild Thing should sound.

I could've told them that.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Karen O Pens Tunes for Jonze/Eggers Wild Things Film
Source: Pitchfork

No upbringing is complete without a few hundred bedtime readings of Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are, and no beloved literary relic of childhood is complete these days, it seems, without a major motion picture adaptation. Thus we have Where the Wild Things Are the film, directed by Spike Jonze (Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Fatboy Slim's "Praise You" and "Weapon of Choice") and coming to a movie theater near you in late 2008 or so.

Long before we can smile slyly at the possibility of some ignorant parent renting that other Wild Things for the young ones instead of this film, we can get all jazzed about its soundtrack. For that soundtrack, according to a post on blog The Playlist confirmed by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' publicist, will include musical selections from none other than Karen O.

Ex-beau Jonze has enlisted O to write "songs and other pieces of music for the film," according to the website of composer Carter Burwell (previous Jonze films, various Coen Brothers films), who is "helping with the score." As if the hipster quotient weren't through the roof already, Dave Eggers collaborated with Jonze on the script.

No word yet whether the Karen O contributions have anything to do with the lady's long-discussed forthcoming solo record, reportedly produced by Jonze's brother Squeak E. Clean (aka Sam Spiegel).

And couture hounds and O oglers alike may want to flock on over to designer Christian Joy's website, where Karen is presently modeling Joy's spring 2008 collection [via TheFADER.com].

Yeah Yeah Yeahs have kept otherwise quiet of late, though guitarist Nick Zinner did contribute to the new Hives single.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I just read that on Pitchfork.

I can't wait. What was that YYY's song that was on one of Spikes Nike commercials? Tomorrow something. I always felt that song sounded very fantasy esque.

Dark Knight who?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: Stefen on January 16, 2008, 03:28:29 PM
What was that YYY's song that was on one of Spikes Nike commercials? Tomorrow something. I always felt that song sounded very fantasy esque.
Hello Tomorrow.

yeah i like that song too. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

squints

Quote from: edison on February 15, 2008, 07:03:12 PM
First ever (I think) clip here

We're sorry, this clip is no longer available. The user who posted this clip (which appears was user generated, and not from the film itself) pulled the clip down.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

The Perineum Falcon

I saw it just before they pulled it down, I guess. I thought it was beautiful, and I'm not sure why it's saying it was user generated. I'm not quite sure what it means, either. It looked pretty professional to me.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

squints

Ghostboy

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

squints