To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Pubrick

^that was reelist I think. Strange coincidence, which is why I suspected he was behind this dude's sudden appearance. Well he brought Weak2ndAct back, he can claim this one on spooky ripples in the matrix, unless he comes clean.

Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop on March 14, 2014, 11:38:26 AM
Some of the old guard might remember me as Lester, from the early days of Xixax. And if, god have mercy, you're older than that, you might remember me as Todd Parker from the old PTA message board.

Hey I remember you!

What struck me as odd was how comfortably you spoke the local lingo, especially dropping CMBB like it's nothing. Anyway, it's cool that you've been following closely.. I wonder how many other mouf-breathing freaks have been secretly peeping on us for years.

Also around that time I think I started having sex?

This is hilarious. It's pathetic how easily almost all of my extended absences from this site have coincided with honeymoon periods in relationships. You can trace the good times by my lack of posts, and my current regular presence with.. sigh.

It also explains why polka has posted a lot more since he got married.

Good to have you back!
under the paving stones.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: Pubrick on March 14, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
^that was reelist I think. Strange coincidence, which is why I suspected he was behind this dude's sudden appearance.

That was weird, I saw it in the shoutbox like, 20 minutes after I made the av. I almost changed it but figured it may have been a good, deeply strange omen. Also, I finally got to see this shoutbox everyone's been talking about.

I wonder how many other mouf-breathing freaks have been secretly peeping on us for years.

Jacki Lynn. That's who I've been having sex with. It's been...inspiring.

Thanks for the warm welcome, its good to be back!

jenkins

After college I moved out to LA and I've been working in different capacities in film for about six years. At the moment I'm trying to find the money for my first feature as a writer/director so I can be a fuckin boss and run the game like Ghostboy.
lol. ghostboy is such a badass, agreed. into calling him "the lowery touch" and i super value his touch. relating to you. i also live in la, where you at?? seems like net things can transfer to irl but it's bizarrely tricky. i'm midcity, cinefamily and new bev territory. lemme know if you wanna movie it up. like any decent movie fan in la, there's not a theater i don't go to

It's pathetic how easily almost all of my extended absences from this site have coincided with honeymoon periods in relationships. You can trace the good times by my lack of posts, and my current regular presence with.. sigh.
:( some kinda toxicity between us, i don't like or agree with the toxicity, but i want to tell you now i can't not like you. i like you, can't help it, and i assure you i don't want sighs in your life. when there's spiritual thunder in the australian outback, i welcome you to the quietness of xixax. obvs my welcome isn't a necessary element, but it's there

[3rd section in which i share things]
i used to be losing the horse here btw, which changed to w/o horse after some all the real girls scene. fwiw. i'm not a pta fanatic but it was the master which brought me back around. and life things, you know, desiring more movie chat and movie friends. movies are my center, but what are they without people as well

Frederico Fellini

Jenkins, dude, what the fuck are you talking about?
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

ono

Quote from: jenkins<3 on March 14, 2014, 02:01:18 PM
It's pathetic how easily almost all of my extended absences from this site have coincided with honeymoon periods in relationships. You can trace the good times by my lack of posts, and my current regular presence with.. sigh.
:( some kinda toxicity between us, i don't like or agree with the toxicity, but i want to tell you now i can't not like you. i like you, can't help it, and i assure you i don't want sighs in your life. when there's spiritual thunder in the australian outback, i welcome you to the quietness of xixax. obvs my welcome isn't a necessary element, but it's there
Repeat after me: "It's not about me."

Wow.

Quote[3rd section in which i share things]
i used to be losing the horse here btw, which changed to w/o horse after some all the real girls scene. fwiw. i'm not a pta fanatic but it was the master which brought me back around. and life things, you know, desiring more movie chat and movie friends. movies are my center, but what are they without people as well
This explains so much.  Was wondering where that horse went.  Where did he go?  He went crazy.

jenkins

huh. ok. that one was about the importance of human connections and the humanness possible even through the internet, well. well. when i'm wrong i'm wrong

Pubrick

Hey Jenkins you're alright.

Group hug everyone.

Not you, Freddie.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Fuzzy Dunlop

Welp, looks like my work here is done.

See you all again in 2023!

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Pubrick

Any newb who stumbles upon our site:

under the paving stones.

SailorOfTheSeas

Hey, new here. Big PTA fan. Other favourites include Park Chan Wook, Kubrick. Incredibly pumped for IV, as I'm sure many of u are. Lookin forward to posting here and talking to people who know their shit.   

you came to the right place homie! welcome!

SailorOfTheSeas

Kal

I went to my profile for the first time in forever, and realized next week is my 11th anniversary since I joined the site.

I honestly can't think of any other site that I continue to visit on a regular basis for 11 straight years. And fuck, lots of you who have been here the same or longer, and many boys who became men in the past 11 years.

Good stuff. I'm glad I found Xixax back then and that it continues to be one of the most interesting places to read about and discuss films, television and more.

:bravo: