Best DVD Coverart

Started by ShanghaiOrange, March 30, 2003, 06:38:49 PM

godardian

I think I pretty much love or at least don't hate most of the Criterion covers except one: Chasing Amy. I really love the simple, luminous black-and-white Brief Encounter and Pygmalion covers.

...I guess I have a weakness for the stark two-shot/profile effect. I love the fonts, too, especially Brief Encounter.

Sphinx is going to kill me for my triple posting... I better scram.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

sexterossa

i find the IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE poster to be gorgeous.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

NEON MERCURY

-The Limey- cover art is NICE

cinemanarchist

Seems obvious to me! Some Blake art would have been nice, but the more I look at this, the more I love it.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cinemanarchist

Seems obvious to me! Some Blake art would have been nice, but the more I look at this, the more I love it.

That has nothing on

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

meatball

Criterion has great taste for covers.

samsong

cine

thank you, samsong. I'd knew you'd bring class to the thread.

for petes sake

Alethia

Finn

Criterion covers are almost always terrific. Too bad we can't rely on the rest of the dvd's studios.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

UncleJoey

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Alethia

Just Withnail

Some were mentioned without images, so here you go: