Storing DVDs

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 03, 2004, 03:29:42 PM

mr_boz

i keep mine on the lower rack of my oven, individually secured within a stack of old napkins that have soaked in naptha for at least 12 hours in a really really humid environment (ie:  the greenhouse i keep just off my pool room).  i leave the oven set at really low heat 24/7.  i have found that  this works great, and whenever i need to actually cook something i just use the microwave instead.   this method actually improves the dynamic range on the audio tracks, and the lfe are through the roof!
-ccb

Rudie Obias

yeah, my roommate/cousin had a whole group of creepy guys sleep over last night and i was worried about my dvd collection on display on a bookshelf in the living room, where they were sleeping.  when i woke up this morning all my dvd were still there but i was concerned for a moment.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Reinhold

here's an idea. if you patent it, please give me a cut.

+

(a basic drawing of a shelf unit that would be easy to build)

stick the bar through the hole in the side of the slim cases, and rotate them out when you want to watch one. if security is a concern, it'd be easy to screw sides onto this and put hinges on the front. you could also adapt this idea into a preexisting locking cabinet by putting bars in.

• it eliminates the wallet scratching the discs
  • the the issue of weight warping the discs would be diffused by the cases or by rotating the unit to lie horizontally
  • this tower could hold more than a standard cd/dvd tower because of the slim cases
  • you can rotate the case out for full visibility when you want one.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: flagpolespecial on November 29, 2005, 02:54:39 AM
resurrecting this topic for some advice.

i'm moving soon. into a share house.

i know i've been asking alot of questions lately but whats a "share house"...is it what americans call a "halfway house"?

as for storage, keep all of them in your closet in your bedroom [if you have one] and only watch the dvds on a tv in your room [if you have one]...that way no one will even know that you have any dvds..and that way no one will steal them from you....never trust your friends...you seem like a normal guy judging from you 300+ posts...that way they cant/wont hurt you.  ka-peach?

Reinhold

Quote from: pyramid machine on December 02, 2005, 12:17:33 AM
i know i've been asking alot of questions lately but whats a "share house"...is it what americans call a "halfway house"?

a halfway house is somewhere where newly out of jail/prison/court-mandated rehab criminals and addicts go so that they can have somewhere thats half way between where they came from and normal society-- a transitional place.

a share house is just somewhere where you live with a few other people so you can live in a bigger place without having to spend as much on rent.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on December 02, 2005, 06:14:39 AM
a share house is just somewhere where you live with a few other people so you can live in a bigger place without having to spend as much on rent.
like Friends, or Perfect Strangers, or about a million other sitcoms.

jesus neon, a halfway house? hahaha. at first it was cute (for a couple of years), then it was annoying (the last couple of months), and now i can't wait to see what crazy shit u'll say next.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

putting the case on top of the dvd player is not a system.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls