Started by phil marlowe, January 21, 2003, 05:10:20 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Duck SauceDVD info please?

The DVD doesn't exist.

Exactly.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: life_boyNever seen Eraserhead either.

DVD info please? I cant find the VHS

From the man himself off his website:

"DAVIDLYNCH [7:18 PM PST]: I HAVE VERY BAD NEWS ABOUT ERASERHEAD -- WE HAVE HAD NO LUCK GETTING A GOOD CHECK DISC AND ARE NOW MOVING TO A NEW COMPANY -- ERASERHEAD WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE (?) FOR CHRISTMAS [2002] .... THIS IS VERY BAD BECAUSE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AND I AM PRETTY SICK ABOUT IT."

No word yet on a new timeframe, but if they are starting over with a brand new authoring company, I wouldn't expect to see anything till second quarter of 2003 at the earliest.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

An Eraserhead screener is actually available on Kazaa but it has the size of about 250 megs and is in a kind of poor quality. The only way i have ever had the chance to see it.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: life_boyNever seen Eraserhead either.

DVD info please? I cant find the VHS

Directed by: DAVID LYNCH
Starring : John Nance, Charlotte Stewart, Laurel Near, Jeanne Bates and Allen Joseph

BRAND NEW & SEALED
USA 1977
NTSC FORMAT (Suitable to play on any US & Canadian DVD player)
All zoned / Region 0 edition - may be played in ANY country!
Dolby Digital 2.0
Special Features: Scene Access, David Lynch Biography, David Lynch Filmography, Original Theatrical Trailer
Full Screen 4:3 Black & White (Lynch Filmed the feature in this aspect)
Running Time: 85 minutes
Languages: ENGLISH
Subtitles (removable):Korean
Description: Is it a nightmare or an actual view of a post-apocalyptic world? Set in an industrial town in which giant machines are constantly working, spewing smoke, and making noise that is inescapable, Henry Spencer lives in a building that, like all the others, appears to be abandoned. The lights flicker on and off, he has bowls of water in his dresser drawers, and for his only diversion he watches and listens to the Lady in the Radiator sing about finding happiness in heaven. Henry has a girlfriend, Mary X, who has frequent spastic fits. Mary gives birth to Henry's child, a frightening looking mutant, which leads to the injection of all sorts of sexual imagery into the depressive and chaotic mix.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3310581174&category=2299

Bootleg DVD's rock. Probably a copy of the region 4 disc. Another guy had a lot of them for $25 each.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I found a really great VHS bootleg on eBay. It had the Korean subtitles, so I imagine it was from that laserdisc. Also came with Grandmother and The Alphabet, which were REALLY low quality. But Eraserhead looked like it was only second generation.

My faves alternate between Eraserhead, Wild At Heart and Mulholland Drive. Lost Highway and Blue Velvet sometimes take the top spot, though. Those five are the best. But has anyone seen Hotel Room, the HBO anthology that he directed two parts of? The last episode, starring Alicia Witt and Crispin Glover, is just beautiful, and is one of my very favorite things he's done. It was a big inspiration for my short film 'Still.'

Cecil

Quote from: GhostboyBut has anyone seen Hotel Room, the HBO anthology that he directed two parts of?

no, but im even more curious about seeing "still" now though. is there any way youll put it up on your site? or send a copy over to xixax so he can put it up here?

Ghostboy

I'm not going to put it up on my sight just because it would be too big a file. It might end up on www.hypnotic.com, but otherwise I probably won't put it online. It should be available on DVD by the end of March, though...

Sigur Rós

I hate choosing between such great films....it just makes my head explode :shock: It's not healthy........but i did it anyway :-D

I liked all the movies i've seen but Mullholland Drive didn't really bring anything new. It just confirmed that Mr. Lynch has been watching his other movies to much. But anyway it's great i don't mind........."it dont matter to Jesus" :-D

When are anybody gonna do the "what's the worst ...... movie"???.......never seen that one!

b/a

Just had to chime in with my 2 cents. I voted for Lost Highway, which also happens to be my favorite film ever. Like most people I thought it was completely confusing the first time around but then I sort of became obsessed with it and watched it over and over again. The film really sort of came alive when I finally saw a theatrical screening of it at a midnight showing at a second run theatre. It's such an amazing film. To me, it sort of perfectly captures the idea of reincarnation and how you can't escape fate. It's probably also the most in depth character study I've ever seen.

Lynch is my favorite director ever. I have to try and stop myself from being TOO influenced by him. Every short I make I have to ask myself "Are you ripping Lynch off?".
"Film is truth 24 times a second"-JLG

moonshiner

I can't vote because I've only seen Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, but I was a little disappointed seeing Blue Velvet after loving Mulholland Drive so much...it brings me to the conclusion that his skills as a filmmaker have gotten dramatically better. I love the fact that he was originally into art (painting? correct if wrong). That's what made those movies both great, the use of color, and the artistic shots that carry those films.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

kid a

Mulholland Drive is my favorite Lynch film, but I can't say by far.  Lost Highway would most definitely be second, then Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet coming in third.  Mulholland Drive seems to be what he wanted Lost Highway to be.  Mulholland Drive is only better mainly because he, this time, justifies all his seemingly nonsensicle storylines with, by (I believe) his own admition, the fact that it's his cinematic dream representation.  Besides, it includes the ever-so-lovely Naomi Watts.[/quote]
i might be wrong

Royal Tenenbaum

I've seen every Lynch film except for "Twin Peaks: FWWM," and have throughly enjoyed all of them. Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, and the Elephant Man are my favourites, with BV taking first place. Straight Story is really cool as well.

cine

I love "The Elephant Man".. one funny thing about it is that people I know make this big deal about Mel Brooks producing it. I know I'm not the only one aware of this.. but I always have to be the one to say, "yeah, do you think that was a coincidence because his WIFE was in it?"

Ghostboy

Brooks was actually the one who brought Lynch on board, interestingly enough.

When I first saw Mulholland Drive, I liked it but my first reaction was that it was too similar to Lost Highway. It took me a few days for it to really sink in; the second time I saw it, I almost cried at how beautiful it was.

Fire Walk With Me is crazy. I personally like it quite a bit once it switches over to the Laura Palmer section, but I can see why fans of the show HATED it. I saw it once before I'd ever seen the series and didn't care for it too much. Then I saw it again once I'd watched all the series (which is amazing for the first season and the last few episodes of the second), and understood it.

It's definitely his scariest movie.

cine

I know what you mean about how beautiful it was, but wouldn't it be funny if you told somebody that you almost cried because of it? I wonder how a non Lynch fan would reply..