Jack Nicholson

Started by SHAFTR, July 20, 2003, 02:24:55 PM

meatball

I love this guy. He sure knows how to stick around through the decades. I'm curious what you guys think of him as an actor. I've heard Sean Penn criticize Nic Cage for being more of a performer now and not an actor. Yet, Sean Penn and Jack are good friends -- does he think Jack is an actor and not a performer? Jack gets a lot of flack for just being.. Jack.

Gold Trumpet, get over here and criticize this man.

Ghostboy

But like Nic Cage, when Jack acts, he ACTS. Case in point being his work with Penn (haven't seen the Crossing Guard, but The Pledge was phenomenal).

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: meatballGold Trumpet, get over here and criticize this man.

I'm a big fan of Nicholson, too. He's the best example of a man who married a successful career in Hollywood with being a great actor as well. Brando's career was too chaotic to say it was successful given the immense promise he had. For the last two months, I've been trying to immerse myself in all of Nicholson's films to discover that his performance in Hoffa may be my favorite role of his. A rare performance where Nicholson transforms himself without having to rely on any drastic physical change that anyone can get. Don't know what else I could say considering it'd be all praise.

Chest Rockwell

I voted Batman just cuz.