What's up with PTA posse?

Started by Crash, May 03, 2003, 10:44:36 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOnah, Elwsit isn't the shit. I've always felt he was the weakness for pta. Not that he's bad. But I think another DP could really add something more to him.

he IS the shit.i think he's one of the strengths of his films. they're fucking gorgeous. gorgeousity at it's finest... you are like a blind man wearing blue blockers.
...your excuses are your own...

chainsmoking insomniac

Okay Scorcho, you're entitled to your opinion. But who do you think should sign on to PTA's crew, if not Elswit....??? Hmmmm? :roll:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

EL__SCORCHO

I would have loved connie hall to shoot magnolia, and for some unknown reason I think he should maybe consider emmanuel lubezski. I just dont think Elswit is amazing. I looked up all his films on imdb and nothing strikes me as amazing. Sure things in Boogie Nights looked awesome, so did things in Magnolia, but I dont like the way he shoots night scenes. I'd just like to see pta try someone else to see what happens.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

brockly

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOnah, Elwsit isn't the shit. I've always felt he was the weakness for pta.
.... I respect your opinion on PTA trying someone different for once, but to say Elswit is a weakness for PTA is a pretty rough statement.

©brad

have to disagree. I love the elswit/pta combination, especially with magnolia. few movies make los angeles look so ugly and beautiful at the same time. the thing with conrad hall and some dps like him is that they want ever shot to look beautiful just for the sake of looking beautiful, not necessarily to help the narrative.

The Silver Bullet

How dare you speak ill of Conrad Hall? Heretic!
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

cowboykurtis

conrad hall is a better dp than elswitt. however, elswitt's style suits pta's films better.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: EL__SCORCHOnah, Elwsit isn't the shit. I've always felt he was the weakness for pta.
.... I respect your opinion on PTA trying someone different for once, but to say Elswit is a weakness for PTA is a pretty rough statement.

ok yeah, it's a pretty rough statement, i should have phrased it differently. I just think that since the movies are so great some people are giving everybody too much credit. Like just because Elswit, or the editor, or even the fucking key grips work with pta all the time, they're supposed to be these unbelievable talents. I dont think thats the case is all.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cbrad4dhave to disagree. I love the elswit/pta combination, especially with magnolia. few movies make los angeles look so ugly and beautiful at the same time. the thing with conrad hall and some dps like him is that they want ever shot to look beautiful just for the sake of looking beautiful, not necessarily to help the narrative.

I think connie hall's famous for doing exactly what you claim he doesn't do.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO
Quote from: cbrad4dhave to disagree. I love the elswit/pta combination, especially with magnolia. few movies make los angeles look so ugly and beautiful at the same time. the thing with conrad hall and some dps like him is that they want ever shot to look beautiful just for the sake of looking beautiful, not necessarily to help the narrative.

I think connie hall's famous for doing exactly what you claim he doesn't do.

scorcho you are so right, you dont even know it, brother.

pixelnixel

I think P.T. A. should cast Geraldo.  But only in a bit part.....Maybe three lines at the most.  He could be sitting next to the main characters smiling.
Maybe P.T. A. could have him playing the role of the fry cook in a diner?
Maybe the waiter? Maybe one of the main characters could kick the crap out of him for bad service????  The possibilities are there!!! I can see it!!!!
Oh, to think of Geraldo and ooooh Tammy Faye Baker!!!!!  They could be an odd couple, kicked around, down on their luck in Manatoba Wisconsin.
The Manatobites could be pleading with Geraldo for a coveted green stone and Tammy Faye could be the lucky lady who the Manatobites want, with the stone....But then Geraldo swings in on a rope and catches her with a kiss.......it could work.....and then there will have to be a midget who happens to be their tour guide slash conman.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.