NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

squints

Holy BALLS!! i just spent the weekend playing through the story mode of Call of Duty 4 and jesus! that's some intense shit!

Game spoilers (do those exist?):

I'm specifically speaking of the Sniper level and the scene where the character you've been playing as dies in a a nuclear explosion and the last thing you get to do is crawl out into the burgeoning nuclear winter. WOW!

Multiplayer is fun as shit too. (I say this beats halo 3 in so many ways)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Quote from: squints on December 26, 2007, 05:52:42 PM
I'm specifically speaking of the Sniper level 

I love that part.  I was lousy at it (I accidentally shot the guard behind my target directly in the crotch four times in a row... I think it was an accident, anyway), but I love it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

oh man.  i have not played video games since nintendo 64 but ROCK BAND is rocking my world.  we got it at work and i'm staying late and coming in on weekends to play it.  its SO fun.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Quote from: modage in the HD DVD thread on January 06, 2008, 02:43:53 AM
oh man.  i have not played video games since nintendo 64 but ROCK BAND is rocking my world.  we got it at work and i'm staying late and coming in on weekends to play it.  its SO fun.
i know exactly how you feel. Rock Band owns my life.

what's your weapon of choice? i stick with guitar most of the time. every now and then i take the microphone on Say it Ain't So, Gimme Shelter, and especially Creep because nobody else can sing those. i stay away from drums. i think it'd be funny if they added a def leppard song that requires you to play with one arm.

the only bad part is that i now hate every single fucking song on the rock band playlist except for Maps and Creep, which never seem to get old. Learn to Fly is good too.

72teeth

Aw, i love improve conan. Second best thing to come of this strike...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Gold Trumpet

I've been asking friends of mine off the board this, but how many of you feel that your interest in video games has now overtaken your interest in film? If it has, how so? It's not a judgement question. I'm trying to gage the popularity of video games with film fans.

cinemanarchist

I've always been hugely into both but I certainly spend more money on video games than I do on movies. This wasn't the case during the heyday of DVD when studios were putting out quality special editions on an almost weekly basis. With the onset of Blu-Ray and HD they just don't seem to be really trying very hard and I'm hoping it's simply because of the infancy of the format. Video games fascinate me because they've come so far in such a short amount of time and it really blows my mind to think how great the stories and production values in games might be in twenty years. I'm still not sure I will ever see the day when a game moves me as much as a film, but you never know.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

cinemanarchist

New Pics from Ninja Gaiden 2

This is going to be fun...and I would imagine maddeningly frustrating as well.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on January 29, 2008, 03:32:07 PM
I've been asking friends of mine off the board this, but how many of you feel that your interest in video games has now overtaken your interest in film? If it has, how so? It's not a judgement question. I'm trying to gage the popularity of video games with film fans.

My interests in video games long passed since my early years of high school. And recently, even with owning games like Rock Band and the Nintendo Wii system, that level of interactivity hasn't changed much. My attention span with video games is so limited, I can't dedicate more than a few hours a week to gaming. Because of this, even the release of a game that interests me immensely (take Devil May Cry for the ps3) I know I would eventually play the thing no more than a few hours before giving up on it. Certainly not the case with film, on average I watch one to two films per day. I enjoy spending my time that way instead.

my gamertag is LeCarlosier , suckas. let's play halo 3 one of these days.
context, context, context.

Stefen

Quote from: cron on January 30, 2008, 08:50:16 AM
my gamertag is LeCarlosier , suckas. let's play halo 3 one of these days.

What other games do you have? Halo 3 kind of sucks unless you're a 12 year old racist boy.

My gamertag is SRome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

My gamertag is still Hulot Thugg and I play UNO, COD4, Skate, Rock Band and will be playing Rez HD when I get home. The best part of Hulot Thugg is hearing all the rednecks call me Hulot (and pronouncing the "T", with a southern drawl.)

Stefen

So you're hulot thugg. I had you on my friends list for some reason and kept wondering why I put some weird gangabanger on my friends list.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on January 30, 2008, 01:54:11 PM
So you're hulot thugg. I had you on my friends list for some reason and kept wondering why I put some weird gangabanger on my friends list.

Just another one of those Tati lovin gangbangin muthafuckas!! :yabbse-grin: