Apple is the best thing ever

Started by Kal, October 12, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

Reinhold

i have FCP studio 1 academic too... i think i'm going to shell out at least for the new academic version, if not for the pro so that i can legally make money off of my editing. i wish i could upgrade, but i definitely don't regret buying 1.

Motion 3 in particular looks unbelievable.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

The student and pro editions are the same, right?

Adobe Creative Suite for Apple is now out as well.

Reinhold

Quote from: Ravi on April 26, 2007, 08:40:11 AM
The student and pro editions are the same, right?

Adobe Creative Suite for Apple is now out as well.

yes, the student and pro editions are the same, but you can't legally sell anything you make with the academic version. i'm not sure what the rules are for putting together a reel to look for jobs, but if it's illegal there really isn't a way for me to get around breaking the law.

creative suite has been out for Mac, i believe... but there is a new one that is designed to run natively on the new Intel processors.

here's the link to the Motion stuff... the individual videos are worth checking out if something in the overview video catches your interest.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/motion/
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ghostboy

I've been making money off mine for a while, so I don't really care about that rule. The only thing that's annoying is that you can't upgrade...you have to buy the new versions. So ultimately, it's worthwhile to just buy the full version.

Ravi

Quote from: Ghostboy on April 26, 2007, 11:02:39 AM
I've been making money off mine for a while, so I don't really care about that rule. The only thing that's annoying is that you can't upgrade...you have to buy the new versions. So ultimately, it's worthwhile to just buy the full version.

Does this apply for Maya and Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium as well?

Ghostboy

I don't know...I wouldn't be surprised. I was planning on getting the new Creative Production Suite so I could run After Effects on my Intel Mac, but now I'm thinking that maybe Motion is finally at a comparable level. I'll be getting that, regardless, so I'll give it a spin and see if it fits the bill.

Ravi

I've never used Motion, but that video Reinhold posted is pretty impressive.  If it can do what AE does, I'll pick up a different version of Creative Suite to have Photoshop and Illustrator.  Plus, I assume you can move clips back and forth between Motion and FCP without having to render them out first like with AE.

Reinhold

Quote from: Ravi on April 27, 2007, 12:58:54 AM
Plus, I assume you can move clips back and forth between Motion and FCP without having to render them out first like with AE.

i believe that you do have to render clips before exporting them, actually. the difference is that you can just select "open in editor" or simply edit and save the source file without having to take anything out of your timelines.

Ravi

A friend of mine told me that he's experienced stability problems with Motion and that it can't handle large comp projects like AE.

Reinhold

i imagine that the new 32-bit engine will those issues, although i personally haven't noticed any stability problems at all.

a program's stability with huge comps also has a lot to do with the specs of the system.

i'm still pumped.

MacGuffin

I want one! But I'm with Verizon  :yabbse-cry::

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I have T-Mobile... but its a matter of days before its available unlocked on eBay... problem is the fucking thing is expensive. I drop my phone a lot and usually change it every couple of months. I'm with my 3rd Blackberry Pearl now, and I only got the first one I think in November. If I get this one I have to be very very very very careful with it, and I dont know if I can.

last days of gerry the elephant

Did they confirm the price for this thing?
I remember it being around 400-600

MacGuffin

Quote from: overmeunderyou on June 04, 2007, 11:50:44 PM
Did they confirm the price for this thing?
I remember it being around 400-600

Apple to launch iPhone on June 29

NEW YORK - Apple Inc.'s highly anticipated iPhone will be available June 29, according to both TV commercials broadcast Sunday night and a company spokesman.

The combination cell phone, media player and wireless Web-surfing device will retail for $499 and $599, depending on configuration. It will be offered exclusively by AT&T Inc.'s wireless division, formerly known as Cingular.

The iPhone, which sports no keypad but instead a touch-sensitive screen, was unveiled with great fanfare in early January by Apple CEO Steve Jobs. He said it would appear in stores in June but gave no specific date.

Sunday night's ads showed off several of the gadget's features and ended with the pronouncement that the phone will be available "Only on the new AT&T" and "Coming June 29." One aired on the CW network before a 7 p.m. broadcast of "7th Heaven."

Tom Neumayr, an Apple spokesman, confirmed the June 29 sale date. An AT&T spokespeople did not immediately return a phone call.

In recent months, the company's stock has been served by speculation and excitement over the iPhone. Shares of Apple's stock rose May 25 after a media report said that the iPhone would go on sale June 20. Neither AT&T nor Apple would confirm or deny that date at the time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

apple is running 0% financing until the end of june. it makes me want to be completely irresponsible.