chris cunningham

Started by cowboykurtis, April 06, 2003, 11:34:51 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtisI've been waiting for this - i dont think it ships to the US until july.

July 12th:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009UVCI0/104-3370377-6416700

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jtm

k, what am i looking at here? i just can't figure it out.

cowboykurtis

at first i thought mac had taken a picture of his dvd on teh bathroom floor - but if you follow the link - that is the image posted on amazon for the cover
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

RE: FLEX

From what I understand - the version of FLEX offered on the Director's Label DVD is only 3 minutes of a 17 min film.

Does anyone know if a longer version of FLEX exists and if so, if it available in it's entire length.

I know at one point it was an istallation peice in the royal academy's 'Appocalypse' exhibition...it would be unfortunate if the entire version is not avail for viewing.

modage

Quote from: Jay Tee Em
k, what am i looking at here? i just can't figure it out.
there's definitely two buttholes in there somewhere.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Stefen

Nevermind. Cant do it yet.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Stefen

Quote from: GingerRubber Johnny.

Is this the whole video?

Yeah. I posted it right above you but had to remove it cause it hadent been released everywhere yet. It's kind of cheezy at times. Where is p's review?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I don't know.. I've been waiting for it too.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: GingerRubber Johnny.

Is this the whole video?

Yeah. I posted it right above you but had to remove it cause it hadent been released everywhere yet. It's kind of cheezy at times. Where is p's review?

I after viewing this, I really really hoped that this wasn't the film in it's full length(of course deep down i knew it was).

I was very underwhelmed by this.

His technical aptitude is definately on display, however the content was boring and uninspired.

I do agree with stefen evaluation of the cheese - mostly the wheelchair breakdancing sequences didn't sit well with me.

dissapointed.

see it drugged  and in a dark room and i suppose it's quite an experience

i just saw it in a dark room and it was something
context, context, context.

Stefen

I don't know. I mean I was just clamoring for new Cunningham and he hasent done anything in so long. Maybe my dissapointment was a direct result of the hype I created for myself. I see this video being mentioned on other non movie boards and people seem to be impressed so maybe if I wasn't familiar with Cunningham my attitude would be different. It just lacked that punch, that awe. It was filmed over 2 years ago though, I actually don't even think he works with film anymore. I heard he just focuses on rocking the wheelz of steel. It's unfortuante, cause he's a creative and visual genius.

Stefen

P, where is your review? We are interested. Worked/Didn't work? Ya know?

Ghostboy

I was disappointed, too. The trailer had such promise...so weird and creepy. That whole sequence of the film was great, but then it just goes crazy and ceases to be unsettling and gets old really fast.