Weeds (showtime)

Started by squints, January 16, 2006, 09:05:44 PM

squints

Mary-Louise Parker just beat all the Desperate Housewives bitches in the Golden Globes and I questioned whether or not i'd seen a thread for this show on xixax? If you haven't seen it (or you can't afford Showtime like most people) then download it right now! I hear there's new episodes coming this summer and I have no clue when season 1 is going to make it to dvd?

anyone else watch this?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

haha..

Quote from: Pubrick on December 13, 2005, 06:55:16 PM
most ridiculous category: BEST ACTRESS, TV MUSICAL OR COMEDY. i've never seen Weeds but i hope mary-louise parker wins, that would be funny.
under the paving stones.

©brad

best show ever! i just caught the entire first season on demand. i'm officially in love with mary-louise parker.

wtf, i can't believe none of you are watching this.  :yabbse-shocked:

Weird. Oh

I've been a fan since day one but what's up with the show being on hiatus or such a long break? I know she had a pregnancy but I think that was a little ways ago.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ©brad on July 11, 2006, 08:50:01 AM

I can't believe they run it on a channel I don't have. 

Weird. Oh

Quote from: hackspaced on July 12, 2006, 10:56:40 AM

I can't believe they run it on a channel I don't have. 

bittorrent :)

squints

from showtime's website:

Elvis Costello, Englebert Humperdinck and Other Artists Record Versions of "Little Boxes" theme song for 'Weeds'

Independent film star Zooey Deschanel ("Failure to Launch," "The Good Girl") and hip-hop star Snoop Dogg have filmed guest appearances in the second season of Showtime's Golden Globe -winning and Emmy-nominated series Weeds. Deschanel will star in three episodes where she will play "Kat," -- the ex-girlfriend of Andy Botwin (Justin Kirk) whose erratic behavior spurred his relocation from Alaska to Agrestic in Season One. This coming season, Kat insinuates herself into the Botwin family, much to their dismay. Snoop Dogg plays himself in one episode where he records a song about marijuana.

On the music side, Weeds producers have lined up several recording artists to cover the show's quirky theme song "Little Boxes" originally sung by Melvina Reynolds. Each week the show airs, "Little Boxes" will be performed over the credits by different artists including Grammy winner Elvis Costello, Englebert Humperdinck, Death Cab for Cutie, McGarrigle Sisters, Tom Maxwell and Ken Mosher (formerly from Squirrel Nut Zippers), Ozomatli, Regina Spektor, Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and Tim DeLaughter of The Polyphonic Spree.

Weeds stars Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins, Kevin Nealon, Justin Kirk, Tonye Patano and Romany Malco. The second season begins August 14th at 10pm ET/PT on Showtime.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando

Is anybody seeing the new season?
Never saw an episode from season one but I've seen all of season two (three eps I think), really funny show and MLP is just awesome, I can see why she beat all the desperate bitches.  :laughing:

i'm officially in love with mary-louise parker.

Ditto.  :inlove:

Quote from: showtime official site
Sorry

We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.

WTF?!  :yabbse-angry:

©brad

best. show. on. tv. period.

the fact that no one on this board is watching it is sad and inexcusable, considering the exceedingly large amount of crap that the board has no problem subjecting themselves to week after week.

i don't understand it.

matt35mm

Quote from: ©brad on August 31, 2006, 10:13:05 PM
best. show. on. tv. period.

the fact that no one on this board is watching it is sad and inexcusable, considering the exceedingly large amount of crap that the board has no problem subjecting themselves to week after week.

i don't understand it.
WE DON'T HAVE SHOWTIME AND DON'T LIKE TO STEAL SHOWS AND MOVIES FROM THE INTERNET!

I'd watch it if I could, and I know I'm not the only one on this board who is head over heels for Mary-Louise Parker.  So there's your answer.

And what crap do we subject ourselves to?

SiliasRuby

Mary Louise Parker....mmm.....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

©brad

so is anyone watching this yet? we're halfway through the second season and each episode is better than the last! i once again must encourage all of you to do what you can to watch at least a few episodes (season 1 is out on DVD and the first 5 episodes of season 2 are readily available on the internet for downloading).

here are a few of the numerable hysterical one-liners from this season. hope you enjoy!

[in reference to a strapon a girl wants to use on him]
Andy: Does it have to be black?

Doug: I'm likeable. I could take a shit on one of those make-a-wish cancer kids and people would still like me.

Isabell: When do I get to have grown-up juice?
Celia: When you have a daughter who drives you to it.

Doug: At what point does CPR become necrophilia?

Andy: I'm so glad our last name is not Drew because you would be Nancy Drew and I would be Andrew Drew

[smoking a water bong]
Andy: How cool would it be if there was genie in here?
Doug: Not for him, he'd be on fire.

Vaneeta: You're the white devil girl. He's Nation of Islam. Y'all two are never having coffee.

Doug: How do you tell the women who makes your kids' lunches to suck your balls, and spread her ass open like a geometry compass? How Andy, how?

so many more that i can't remember off the top of my head.

you guys are missing out, i'm tellin yah.

Fernando

Quote from: ©brad on September 19, 2006, 10:37:29 AM
so is anyone watching this yet? we're halfway through the second season and each episode is better than the last! i once again must encourage all of you to do what you can to watch at least a few episodes (season 1 is out on DVD and the first 5 episodes of season 2 are readily available on the internet for downloading).

here are a few of the numerable hysterical one-liners from this season. hope you enjoy!

Still watching, yesterday on-liners were the best, specially all the things Heylia's daughter told to that old black dude.

Fernando

Enough! All of you heroes/chandler 60 show ppl must give Weeds a shot, and don't say you don't have Showtime, first season is out on dvd and I have even seen complete episodes on youtube so it's no excuse to not see it, season two is on its 8 out of 12 episodes so many should be available by now.

Last episode was great, the best is yet to come and MLP is the hottest actress on tv, MILF!

Weird. Oh

I need some of that Milf WEED!