Family Guy

Started by SHAFTR, June 27, 2003, 01:27:41 PM

modage

watch Saw.  like Family Guy, it's pretty good.  not great, but unfairly shat on.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

New Family Guy tonight...its a couple hours away it feels like i'm about to see the new Star Wars or something
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

Quote from: squintsNew Family Guy tonight...its a couple hours away it feels like i'm about to see the new Star Wars or something

If by 'new Star Wars' you mean that it will probably be disappointing, then I concur.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It wasn't as horrible as a lot of people say it was... I mean, it wasn't revolutionary or anything, but I laughed at quite a few parts in it... same with American Dad, so I think it achieved its purpose.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

American Dad makes Family Guy look like The Simpsons (prime years) makes Family Guy look like!  or something that makes sense!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

i'm surprised they didn't reair the pilot episode of American Dad. i imagine a lot of people were confused without explaination of where the characters came from, etc, etc.

family guy was pretty good. not much stewie and i don't think any of the neighbors were on there. i noticed the WWID license place, but didn't really but 2 and 2 together until my friend pointed it out.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

I thought this episode was comparable to the episodes of old.  Too bad it was bookended by an awful episode of Simpsons and a boring episode of American Dad.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

matt35mm

Quote from: SHAFTRan awful episode of Simpsons
I have to agree, and I'm a big Simpsons fan.  My God, I find myself not caring how long the show runs anymore, which is terribly sad.  Good thing that the old episodes hold up forever.

Gamblour.

I'm sorry, but I thought the redone introduction with Bart as a fatass was one of the funniest things I've seen on the Simpsons in a long time. I also thought the Ray Romano episode was good. But whatever.
WWPTAD?

squints

Family Guy was hysterical
When they did they GI Joe educational message i was in tears.
When i saw the greased up deaf guy and the old perv i was slapping many-a-knee.
From the title to the first commercial break was the most impressive. I was laughing the entire time because i was mad with joy that this was completely new and original material that i've been waiting for for a long long while. American Dad had some good jokes but at most I chuckled...no hysterical laughing
The FG episode had a little bit of what made every previous episode great: Punchline after punchline after punchline, the ultimate Honeymooners reference, great action sequences, and some priceless Fox bashing
Great show, simpsons were better than i would've expected considering the crap they've been spewing lately
can't wait til next sunday
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

Fox-bashing, how creative.  The Simpsons and Married...With Children did that ages ago.

Pas

I tought the FG episode was subpar and the American Dad was generally unfunny. Many jokes felt "redone" in both shows. I hope I won't bite my tongue for sticking for FG earlier.

squints

what do you mean by "sticking for FG"?

Ravi

Watched the new episode last night.  Its like a typical FG episode.  Some jokes are spot on, others aren't very funny, some scenes last too long, plot is just an excuse to have random jokes.  I liked the story with Brian having to take care of Meg and Chris, but the new honeymoon thing wasn't too funny.  Passion of the Christ 2 trailer was moderately funny.  FG is a sitcom that really wants to be a sketch show.

Pubrick

Quote from: RaviFG is a sitcom that really wants to be
that's pretty accurate.
under the paving stones.