NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

brockly

Stefen

Do people still argue about the console wars? That's SOOOO last-gen.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Gamecube can't even play DVD's!  It doesn't stand a chance!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

john

Quote from: cinemanarchist on March 10, 2008, 12:09:54 AM

Galaxy is the tits. There were actually moments in that game that were so cool it almost brought tears to my eyes.

I have a Wii and a PS3. I'm not much of a "gamer", and seem to only play the games that hit some sort of critical mass or are based on established franchises I've already enjoyed. So Galaxy seemed like a no-brainer.

Everyone loves it... I don't have a bad thing to say about the Mario games, proper... but goddamned if I have the patience to find out why everyone loves this. I just can't get into it. Every few weeks I sit down, give it about thirty minutes, and give up. It's a shame, too, considering all the wasted hours I've spent playing the latest Mario games of the past. I really, really want to like this. Did it take a while to actually become impressive? Was it love at first sight? What am I missing?

I think I've gotten into more games in the last three months than I have in the last three years*: Call of Duty 4, The Simpsons Game, Rock Band... I played a Resident Evil game on Wii that wasn't too spectacular, but it was nice to play again.

Unless I hear some wave of praise that I can't refuse regarding Assassin's Creed, I don't imagine buying another game until the new Grand Theft Auto...

Though a Wii-less friend has been insisting I get Smash Bros.

*this post is also the most I've talked about video games in the last three years.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Chest Rockwell

I'm still rocking the DS. Phoenix Wright > graphics, period.

My parents' house has a Wii though so when I'm there I'll play some Twilight Princess or Mario Galaxy, both awesome (really, john, really?).

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

i finished Portal today, what a beauty.  i loved the part when you realize there's more to it than the modern and clean atmosphere and little by little you start seeing the infrastructure of the facility til it's everything. it's storytelling through gameplay.  by then i knew i was playing a stellar game. there's nothing like designers who understand the stances where the less is more dictum works. it's great on so many levels, so future. my only complain would be the main character. why her? give me a spaceman, somebody with a daft punkesque helmet or something. still, it deserves becoming a piece of pop culture history.

i'm looking for recommendations on serious videogames magazines or news sites , cos i'm sick of the usual places, like ign or gamespot, where the analysis is very bland and stupid. any suggestions?

i'm so happy i switched to the ps3. it feels like home  :salute:
here's some of the stuff i'm looking forward to, leaving msg4 be:

-echochrome, looks exactly like the kind of shit i look for in videogame design.
-LittleBigPlanet, but i have to be sure level making is going to be super fun.
-gran turismo 5, and it's not about the cars, it makes me think of chuck close more than anything else.
-final fantasy xiii and those other 3000 games coming about it, cos they look extremely dynamic for final fantasy games.
-street fighter iv, because  i never knew nor cared, what happened with the franchise after super street fighter ii until now.
-fallout 3, killzone 2, resistance 2 , i guess.

very curious about the ghostbusters game, too.

context, context, context.

Stefen

My 360 took a shit. The worst part? Get this, when I bought it, I used a coupon for 30% off, and they forgot to ring it up at the register, so they refunded my money and redid the transaction, this time WITH the coupon, but they only gave me the receipt with the exchange on it so the receipt just looks like I exchanged it and didn't buy it. I didn't realize it until NOW when I looked at the receipt and tried to fax it to Microsoft.

That's not even the WORST part. Normally, the receipt wouldn't matter and my 360 would still be under the year warranty because of the manufactured date. I bought the 360 around Christmas at a ghetto ass K-Mart in a seedy part of town and the manufactured date is June 2006. It was already a year and a half old by the time I bought it! Christmas time and these things are sold out all over town, yet I manage to find one that's been sitting in a backroom for a year and a half.

Microsoft thinks I'm trying to pull a fast one and they won't fix it for free. I'm so fucking pissed.

I think I'm just gonna go buy a NEW 360, then return it the next day with my OLD one in the box and say I'm tired of them breaking and exchange it for a PS3 instead and then sell the working 360 on craigslist or something. I don't think they track serial numbers otherwise it wouldn't be a fucking problem returning it to Microsoft to get fixed for free.

Fuck the 360. I'm LIVID right now.  :yabbse-angry:

brockly

I called it. Check my first post on this page. 360 suxs. I still never got through Gears, and I don't think I'm missing much. I put it in the same category of games as the GTAs. Games shitty people play to feel virile about themselves.

oh, and in your case: microsoft eat shit.

Stefen

Quote from: brockly on March 20, 2008, 02:30:13 AM
I called it. Check my first post on this page. 360 suxs. I still never got through Gears, and I don't think I'm missing much. I put it in the same category of games as the GTAs. Games shitty people play to feel virile about themselves.

oh, and in your case: microsoft eat shit.

Wow, you really caught feelings at my Southland Tales bashing, didn't you? Are you Richard Kelly's spouse or something? You're acting like a battered housewife right now. Talking about how he's just a different person when he makes movies and that I don't know what he's like when you two are together alone. He's not always abusive. Just when he drinks. "He loves me! You just don't know him like I do! He doesn't mean to hurt me!"

brockly

Quote from: Stefen on March 20, 2008, 07:30:38 AM
Wow, you really caught feelings at my Southland Tales bashing, didn't you? Are you Richard Kelly's spouse or something? You're acting like a battered housewife right now. Talking about how he's just a different person when he makes movies and that I don't know what he's like when you two are together alone. He's not always abusive. Just when he drinks. "He loves me! You just don't know him like I do! He doesn't mean to hurt me!"

fuck you man. you don't know, alright. it's a mental illness. i'm not going to let that dismantle what we have, no matter what anyone says. it's no different to you and your undying love for your sleazy, two-timing romeo. you endure it, that's the power of true love.

Chest Rockwell

Everyone's known for a while that 360s suck. I haven't been following the sales lately but I would not be that surprised if PS3 starts outselling the 360 very soon, if it hasn't started already, what with the price drops (what's it down to, now?), the notoriety of the 360 hardware issues, and the success of Blu-Ray.

Wii will continue to rock ass, but Microsoft should be a little worried that their system isn't totally shredding the PS3 like everyone thought it would a couple years ago.

Stefen

So, I went to Target and bought a NEW 360, came home and opened it very carefully, took out the console and removed the hard drive and replaced them with my current ones and put them back in the back and closed it up and sealed the seal with super glue and took it back to Target. They even opened it but didn't catch on since everything looked factory sealed. They put the money back on my credit card. Then I went to Electronics and bought Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Bully and the kid at the register only charged me for Bully (not on purpose, he just made a mistake) then I noticed they had Wii's and I've been looking for one for months so I bought one.

Overall, it was a pretty good day.

cinemanarchist

Just ordered this from Buy.com for $20. Every now and again I get this sudden urge to play a sports game and I've heard this is very solid and is full of micro-management. Welcome to the Wii family Stefen!!
My assholeness knows no bounds.