NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

So, this weekend I bought a 37in LCD HDTV since my other TV was fucking cursed and the guys at the shop I took it to couldn't fix it on three consecutive occasions. It would be fixed, then break a couple weeks later. This happened 3 times. The guys finally said the tv was fucking cursed and gave me a refund.

It's amazing how great video games look on it. I have to 360 set up through the composite at 1080i and it looks awesome.

I have so many games piled up that I need to play, but wasn't able to due to my TV not working. Right now I'm working on Oblivion, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with it. I still have Mass Effect, Halo 3, and The Darkness which I haven't even touched. I wanna finish BioShock but I don't remember where I was at before the tv broke so I will probably just start all over.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Stefen on February 11, 2008, 10:38:02 AM
I have so many games piled up that I need to play

Fuck that 360 shit, but I know what you mean. Professor Layton, the new Advance Wars, Phoenix Wright 3 and 4 (Apollo Justice), and many many Wii games still.

NEON MERCURY

i have alot of playing to do

here are a list of games that i own but havent touched or ones that i am currently playing:

ps3:

unreal tournament III
ratchet & clank-future
assasins creed
uncharted
resistance

360:

devil may cry IV
lost odyssey
prey
blue dragon
kameo
oblivion (stefen, stay away from this game if you want free time..its massive ive put 300+ hours in so far)

Stefen

We should get a CoD 4 xixax throwdown organized.

Get a squad together and go wreck shit with our elitist attitudes.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Walrus on February 16, 2008, 08:52:24 PM
Neon, get on that Assassin's Creed asap.

assassins creed is an interesting game.  the scope and the detail is amazing.  its has an enormous open world.  in all production aspects, the game is flawless.  its looks and sounds great.  visually its one of those games that makes another case for why i think video games are just as important as films.  the only complaint that one could say about this game is the fact that it becomes repetitive in terms of eavesdrop, pickpocket, assasinate.  rinse and repeat.  i know alot of critcs have pointed that out but i think that if you take pac-man, for example, its a repetitive game in that you run around and eat pellets and ghosts.  its all about how fun it is and assasins creed is fun.  one of the pure beauties of the game is that you have total freedom to assasinate the targets.  you have endless ways on how to approach it.  thats cool.  i wish i got the 360 version b/c collecting thiose flags w/o any type of reward sucks.  but th eps3 version was on sale for $37.99 at the time.     

man with this blu-ray thing i'm kind of regretting buying an xbox and not getting a ps3 instead. i think i'm selling it asap , when i can still get a fair deal.pfft
context, context, context.

Stefen

Chest Rockwell

The only one I haven't played with is Raiden.

My favorites are

Slippy the Toad. I remember many times playing StarFox 64 she would try to do something and then 10 seconds later she'd cry "I NEED HELP" or something retarded.

Tingle. He's just weird. I don't know why they made a whole game for him on the DS (I don't think it was ever released here but it's called "Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land").

Racers that use Comeback A.I. So annoying when you're in front the whole race, beating off the comeback racers as they try to pass you, then you fall or get hit on the last lap and can't catch up to the racers who for some reason were always close.

Natalya. Fuck her! I think Stefen's response to Ashley is mine for Natalya. I didn't mind Ashley because she's supposed to be a little annoying, but Natalya was over-the-top.

I never thought the Duck Hunt dog was that annoying.

I've got a game to recommend for DS owners. Well first of all, the new Advance Wars came out. I haven't yet started it but how can it go wrong? But do yourselves a favor and get Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Great art design and character design, fantastic music, some really fun puzzles. It's more of a puzzle game than an adventure game (see: Phoenix Wright), so the puzzles are unrelated to the story but the puzzles are numerous and mostly fun, and they're held together by a charming murder mystery.

Speaking of Phoenix Wright, the fourth one that's actually made for the DS came out. I haven't finished the third Phoenix Wright so I can't play it yet but are any of you guys playing the game yet?

what are the best ps3 games right now? is unreal tournament iii one of them?

polkablues

Quote from: cron on February 28, 2008, 12:26:48 AM
what are the best ps3 games right now? is unreal tournament iii one of them?

Only if you like multiplayer.  If you do, that and Warhawk should be on your list.

Otherwise, as far as PS3 exclusives go, I love both Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank.  Heavenly Sword has taken a lot of crap for being short, but I had a lot of fun with it the week I rented it, and it's a freaking gorgeous game.  Best appreciated on a big TV.
My house, my rules, my coffee

it's done! the 360's gone and i now am the proud owner of a ps3.
i'm LeBlueRider cos all the other nicknames i had in mind were taken.
so whatsup?