Matt Is Doing A U.S. Road Trip And Wants To Meet YOU!

Started by matt35mm, June 12, 2009, 09:20:12 PM

polkablues

Quote from: matt35mm on November 20, 2009, 05:25:57 PM
I've had to cut the trip short due to lack of time and money, so I'm cutting out the going to Seattle and coming down the coast thing.  I'm just gonna go from Albuquerque through Arizona back to California.  I'm sure I will see Seattle and Portland and all that someday.

Matt's avoiding me.   :yabbse-cry:
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 20, 2009, 05:36:08 PM
Yikes!  I'm in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving... but I think I get back on the 29th so we should at least be able to grab a bite/drink/see a show or something.

Yeah, I figured that something like that might be the case.  Thanksgiving is just an awkward time to travel.  I meant to be at my sister's for Thanksgiving, but I actually thought Thanksgiving was on the 3rd week of November... so I just ended up at my sister's a whole week early and need to get on with my travels...

Oh well.  I am strongly thinking of moving to Austin in the summer, though, so I will keep you updated on that.  If I do, then it won't be a tragedy if we don't get to hang out on the 29th.

Quote from: Stefen on November 20, 2009, 05:50:23 PM
Right on, Matt. sounds like you'll be in my part of town on a Saturday or Sunday, which works perfectly for me since I work long hours Monday thru Friday. I can take you around Sat and Sun. We can go to Santa Fe and check out the galleries. That's always fun. my place is really small so I don't know if you can crash here, but if you don't find something else, I'm sure I can ask around. Keep me updated.

Sounds great, Stefen!  I am going to try and find a place to stay on CouchSurfing.  If I don't find anything, then I'll let you know.  Either way I'll keep you updated, probably on the Facebooks.

Quote from: polkablues on November 20, 2009, 06:49:56 PM
Matt's avoiding me.   :yabbse-cry:

Well.  What can I say?  You know what you did.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I wish we could've hung out a little longer, but I'm surprised at all that I had a day off.  Hope you still had fun when we were hanging out  though, Matt.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Yeah, Walrus, I definitely had fun hanging out with you.  I also enjoyed your comic, which I forgot to say.

Well, this lovely-ass road trip has come to an end.  I went to all the places that I wanted to go to up to Austin, TX.  When I was about to board a bus to Albuquerque, I was informed that, due to snowstorms, buses have been re-routed and that it was going to take 1-3 days (they couldn't say for sure) to get there.  I decided: no.  So I am I going to fly back to California from Austin tomorrow.  I will be moving to Austin this Spring or Summer, and plan to visit the places that I missed out on while I drive from California to Austin.  Before then I may also do the whole Pacific Northwest, which I've always wanted to do.

So the XIXAX-meeting final tally for this trip... I met up with:

Bonanzataz
Reinhold
Gamblour
The Perenium Falcon (for the second time)
I Love A Magician
Walrus
Neil
Ghostboy (we've met a few times before; Neil and I went to go see his film St. Nick at a film festival)

I also hung out with Children With Angels, and stayed with him just before I left London.

This time I failed to meet up with Stefen, RK, Sleepless, and Ravi, but I will be meeting up with all of them within the next year, I'm sure.

I'm gonna be spending most of my time in Orange County, but will be spending several days in L.A., as well.  I still want to meet up with Mac, Kal, and Silias, as planned.

Anyway, it's been a great trip, and great meeting all a y'all.  I wish I could say something incredibly poetic about my journey, but right now all I can think of is: America is cool, and America is big.  I'm very happy that I did this and it will forever be a part of me.  It's been an amazing 75 days!

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

Hey dude, sounds great. I've been considering a move to Austin myself. I'm happy in LA but I have been in Austin 8 times this year and feel like something keeps pulling me over there. Anyways let me know if you are around LA and hopefully we can meet up. I'm going to Miami this week for a few days but will be back.

RegularKarate

Hey Man, sorry that we never ended up meeting while you were here (I didn't realize you were going to be here until today... otherwise, I would have tried to get in touch), but the weekend of Thanksgiving, we had to put our poor doggy to sleep and I was a total emotional wreck, not fit to be around human beings who weren't as devastated as I was.

Glad to hear you're moving here though... I'm sure we'll get to hang out when you do.

matt35mm

Oh man, I'm really really really sorry to hear about the dog.  I know that that can be incredibly tough.

I didn't know that I'd be in Austin for this long, either.  I was planning to leave a week ago, but one by one things didn't go to plan and I just kept staying.

So we'll definitely hang out when I move here, which should be in the Spring.

Silias, Kal, and Mac: I will PM you my number in a little bit and we'll go from there.

Ravi

We never got to hang out in Dallas.  Just ridiculously busy at work that week.  But I've been meaning to visit Austin again sometime, so I'll have to come down there in the spring.