Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

socketlevel

i didn't take it that way, i saw it as a mutual love for the science. they used classic techniques to convey hidden attraction but i think in this case it was in an attempt to make both men shy about revealing their passion. like it was something they kept buried inside, but as they talked you could see each of them testing the waters of the each others depth. after feeling each other out, they opened up and were worthy of outward expression declaring said love. i really enjoyed that scene and the montage leading up to it.

interesting how the end of the movie is such a different grammatical attitude then the beginning, i love how seemless this show does stuff like that. i really think this is one of the best breaking bad episodes from all three seasons.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

actually caught it last night........i had to jump up and do a tiger woods fist pump.

the little things like the bullet, etc, usually pay off within the episodes, but I'm beginning to think it should almost be called "cutting the crust off the pb&j show."

anyone remember the scene where Walt got a band-aid out of the pool - was this just to show his meticulousness?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Fernando

HOLY SHIT!!

best current tv show. why are there so few of us watching this???

spoils

I did the fist pump too, fucking intense, I about died watching the last 7 minutes, even the elevator scene where Hank thanks for jesse dumping the charges. then the parking lot scene was heart stopping, I'm fucking happy the twins are no more.

oh, and silly me thought there was no way walt and jesse could cook together again. btw, aaron paul's acting was great on this one, everybody's is, but his was awesome.

tpfkabi

*spoils*

Quote from: Fernando on May 03, 2010, 03:13:21 PM
HOLY SHIT!!

best current tv show. why are there so few of us watching this???

spoils

I'm fucking happy the twins are no more.

you didn't stay to watch the previews?

it looked like the one who got crushed between cars survived.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Spoils.

So who tipped off Hank?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

"your meth is good jesse, as good as mine"

this almost made me cry, then i realized how ridiculous that is. aaron paul's intensity was completely over the top and i loved it.

what an ending!
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

john

Quote from: Stefen on May 03, 2010, 05:52:08 PM
Spoils.

So who tipped off Hank?

I'm guessing it was Mike, the guy who works for Saul. Out of the few people that knew Hank's impending fate, he seems like the one guy who might actually bother letting him know.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

jtm

best show on tv indeed!

even tho it's just a tv show, it has helped revive my love for cinema.... weird, i know.

spoils

gonna do an old school pubrick style review (can't believe that never caught on!)

LOVED:

- opening scene with young twins

- jesse's speech about what he's gonna do to hank.

- the scene after hank gives his side of what happened, then gets into the elevator with marie waiting and they stand there as the doors close, then cuts to hank breaking down into tears, then cuts to the elevator doors opening and they're still just standing there.

-  jesse flipping so quick from telling walt off, to saying "ok, i'll be your partner again".  (you're meth is good. as good as mine)

- the brothers testing out the vests.

-  the last scene in the parking lot. holy fuck!!!

HATED:

- absolutely nothing.

Quote from: Stefen on May 03, 2010, 05:52:08 PM
Spoils.

So who tipped off Hank?

it's gotta be gus. even tho he gave up hank, he showed he had a conscience when he gave money to hanks cancer fund for walt in the last season.... the only other person that could be considered is sauls cleaner who was following walt, but he and saul had nothing to gain by tipping hank off.

again, best show on tv,.. maybe ever.

Pozer

Quote from: Fernando on May 03, 2010, 03:13:21 PM
why are there so few of us watching this???

seriously. everyone needs to get on board. this thread would own Movie Shame Lames and I Use Movie Quotes That Everyone's Sick Of right now.

i cant believe modage isnt into this yet. canteen it would be his flavorite show evs. pubrick would be doing his own pukey styles reviews which actually would work perfectly with this kind of show. there are only a handful of HATEDs in every couple of episodes, but need to be pointed out nonetheless. great TV show writing like this deserves to be nitpicked for proof it aint this perfect thing!  

i think i said it before but it's got Sopranos like depth with these Pulp Fictiony type moments. the good PulFic moments like The Gold Watch sequence: dragging taxi cab/ motel room scenes / apartment/street/ basement scene payoff. that kind of feel.

jtm's highlights reel couldnt have said it better. i loved the mystery of this season's opener that felt like a different show entirely and this episode's opener better interpreted why these freaks are the way they are (or were, save one). my flavor flave opener thus far (theyll top it no doubt). and how much did those kids look like older terminator twins??

i didnt think last week's RV scene could be topped on edge-wise then they bust out this brilliant punch to the bowels parking lot scene in the VERY NEXT EPISODE. only minor HATE would be that it fell into the world where cops take forever to show up category absorutry nuh-din.

Quote from: ddiggler on May 03, 2010, 06:38:01 PM
"your meth is good jesse, as good as mine"

:notworthy:

rent/flix season one knowing season two will be so much better knowing several episodes into season three will ForTheWin the shit out of one and two. if everyone gets into it, we're gonna need a bigger boat.

cine

i can't wait for the inevitable showdown between Walt and Hank. when that happens, is the series done? i mean, where the hell could they go after that??

insanity. i love it.

Fernando

Quote from: bigideas on May 03, 2010, 04:40:10 PM
you didn't stay to watch the previews?

it looked like the one who got crushed between cars survived.

nope, because I steal it as I'm not in the usa or canada and the file doesn't have that, and I'm glad, I love that I see the episodes without knowing what the hell is gonna happen.

even if that twin survives he's done, isn't he? he's going to jail no matter what (thou with this show you never know).

thing is , there will be more twins on their way, little terminators in search of revenge, and I think is kinda obvious that gus tipped off hank, who else woulda known?

Quote from: Pozer on May 03, 2010, 10:44:02 PM
i think i said it before but it's got Sopranos like depth with these Pulp Fictiony type moments. the good PulFic moments like The Gold Watch sequence: dragging taxi cab/ motel room scenes / apartment/street/ basement scene payoff. that kind of feel.

that's exactly right.  :bravo:

Quote from: Pozer on May 03, 2010, 10:44:02 PM
i didnt think last week's RV scene could be topped on edge-wise then they bust out this brilliant punch to the bowels parking lot scene in the VERY NEXT EPISODE. only minor HATE would be that it fell into the world where cops take forever to show up category absorutry nuh-din.

I was thinking the same thing, or that they at least could have used a siren sound in the last shot, BUT, that's the obvious thing on every damn show, so then I was glad they didn't do that, then I timed the moment when the first bullet is shot to the last and it's only 3.06 minutes, so it seems possible that cops are still on their way.

diggler

Quote from: cine on May 04, 2010, 02:55:53 AM
i can't wait for the inevitable showdown between Walt and Hank. when that happens, is the series done? i mean, where the hell could they go after that??

insanity. i love it.

i imagine the major showdown of the show will be between Walt and Jesse. Hank and Walt still have a cordial relationship, so the drama from that showdown would still mostly come from Hank's surprise that it was Walt all this time. aside from that, i don't feel like Hank and Walt are emotionally involved with each other enough. i'd hate to see Hank go because he adds such a cool dynamic to the show, but i'm more interested to see the Walt and Jesse story come to it's conclusion. these characters know everything about each other, and while they seem to have curbed their vendetta for the moment, the seeds are still planted for a showdown between the two of them (especially with Walt now acknowledging Jesse as an equal)

i think they might be slowly revealing that Gus was once like Walt, and that eventually Walt will be the new Gus. i can't picture this story concluding without Walt being a kingpin. as of now he's still a workhorse.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pubrick

Quote from: cine on May 04, 2010, 02:55:53 AM

they'll make out.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: ddiggler on May 04, 2010, 11:48:46 AM
Hank and Walt still have a cordial relationship, so the drama from that showdown would still mostly come from Hank's surprise that it was Walt all this time. aside from that, i don't feel like Hank and Walt are emotionally involved with each other enough.

uhh.... but you DO recognize that this show is centered around Hank getting to the bottom of all of this, right? that would mean he would find out that it was Walt behind ALL of this after all, including the threat of his wife being almost killed in a car accident. so presumably, if Hank found this out, he would want Walt dead. period.

... so you understand how that would be more thrilling as a final showdown than another Walt/Jesse fight, right?