Spring Breakers
3 (7.5%)
Upstream Color
11 (27.5%)
The Wolf of Wall Street
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Jeremy Blackman

Welcome to the 2014 Xixax Awards! The nominees have been carefully chosen by Xixax users and administrators. Vote in the poll above to help decide the winner!

The Best Film category is a bit special. You can cast up to 3 votes!

This should also serve as the general discussion thread for the awards.

Axolotl

Surprised at the lack of The Great Beauty. 3 people nominated it on page 1 itself.

Jeremy Blackman

The Great Beauty was a glaring oversight. I've added it to the poll.

You can now change your vote in this category. Click "REMOVE VOTE" under the poll. I might remove this option in a few days, so if you want to change your vote for The Great Beauty, do it soon.

It replaced Behind the Candelabra, which hadn't received any votes.

Cloudy

I'm curious who chose what...just for reference...I chose Llewyn and Lux

Kind of surprised by Her (kinda)...makes me think I should watch it again.

Jeremy Blackman

Voting ends Sunday!

At that time, I'll lock the polls and winners will be final. Probably Sunday afternoon.

jenkins

Quote from: Cloudy on April 19, 2014, 01:41:18 PM
I'm curious who chose what...just for reference...

i like how the illustrative perspective here is that people prefer to say the worst. i voted for the great beauty, i voted once, and my 2nd woulda been post tenebras lux if my head was on

there's a 3way tie right now and i'd enjoy seeing that conclusion, which now won't happen for sure bc i've said this

polkablues

I'm depressed about Llewyn Davis. I voted for it and Upstream, but I really wanted it to win. The only truly great film from last year (I haven't seen Great Beauty or Post Tenebras Etc.).
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

^felt emotional here. i think llewyn davis has lasting qualities. i think his fight will always exist. i couldn't vote for two so i swapped to davis \m/

Lottery

ILD, Her and UC is the way to go folks.

Alexandro

I voted the Great Beauty, Post Tenebras Lux and Wolf of Wall Street. I sincerely believe those are the three lasting films on our list. I know the next versions of ourselves will still be discussing them when they're our age. ILD and Her are up there too. Upstream Color I admired more than I liked, but the only film I really didn't like in the list is 12 years a Slave.

Jeremy Blackman

One more day! Let's get some more votes in.

Drenk

Blue Is The Warmest Color is the best movie, though.
Ascension.

polkablues

Blue is the Warmest Color is a showcase of two astounding performances, but I can't really get behind it on any level beyond that.

I'm just confused by the Wolf of Wall Street love. I finally saw it, and it was... better than the trailers insinuated. The best 21st Century Scorsese, sure, I'll entertain that argument. Best movie of the year? Not even within dwarf-tossing distance.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Lottery

It's pretty clear why Wolf is winning. It's a cool flick but it's far from best film of the year. However, people are given three votes of equal weighting and it might not be the number one film for many but it's likely their second or third. So because of the equal weighting, it's unintentionally going to be voted best film. If first choice was worth 3, second 2, third 1- something else would win.