Bruce Lee DVD's

Started by Bruce Lee, March 08, 2004, 08:22:01 PM

Ravi

Quote from: petedidn't A&E have a good documentary on the guy?  A Warrior's Journey or something, with the last hour of "Game of Death" finally shown in its full glory.  That was cool.  He did a pretty good job directing such epic duels.  People don't realize that how much of his films were directed by him.

I think that was on AMC, but I have the A&E bio on tape somewhere.  

I only saw the part with Game of Death, but it was awesome.  Too bad the "finished" product turned out to be such a joke, except for the new footage at the end.  But then they ruined it further with that stupid wax head thing after that.  At least the opening credits are cool.

Bruce Lee

I own every documentary made on Bruce, but still havn't seen one that lives up to my standards.

cine

Quote from: Bruce LeeI own every documentary made on Bruce, but still havn't seen one that lives up to my standards.
What about Bruce's standards, huh? Ever think about HIS?

Bruce Lee

his standards don't matter anymore, they were long gone smashed when Robert Clouse got hold of Game of Death.

cine

Coming June 22nd to DVD is Goodbye Bruce Lee, remastered in anamorphic widescreen and stereo. It will include trailers and retail is $14.95.

Pwaybloe

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinEnter the Dragon SE Due in May
Two-disc set comes with new featurettes.

Warner Home Video has announced a two-disc special edition DVD of Bruce Lee's legendary film Enter the Dragon. The disc will hit shelves on May 18 for a suggested price of $26.95.

This was Lee's final completed film. In it, he played intelligence agency recruit who goes undercover as contestant in a Karate tournament to infiltrate a drug trafficking ring. Now more than 30 years old, many martial arts film fans feel it still has not been topped.

The new Enter the Dragon two-disc DVD will come with more than five hours of bonus material, including a brand new making-of documentary that explores Lee's motivation for making the film, the difficulties of filming on location in Hong Kong and other behind-the-scenes materials. Some are leftovers from the previous Enter the Dragon DVD release in 2002.

The specs are as follows:

Disc 1
Commentary by producer Paul Heller
Blood and Steel: The Making of Enter the Dragon
Bruce Lee: In His Own Words (vintage material)
Linda Lee Cadwell interview gallery
Lair of the Dragon - includes 1973 featurette and Backyard Workout with Bruce Lee.

Disc 2
Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey (vintage material)
Curse of the Dragon (vintage material)
Theatrical trailers
Television spots

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

here's a great essay by Bruce on jeet kune do.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/bruce/liberate.htm

and an onion parody of enter the dragon this week:

http://theonion.com/news/
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bruce Lee

I've not seen anything new for a while, the so called special release Enter DVD is just a repackaged DVD, with warriors journey thrown in.
nothing to wet your pants over at all.

Im just sitting twidling my thumbs until the next person discovers more of Bruce Lee footage lost in the archives, or until the tossers in China that have Bruce Lee footage but do not share die.

Ravi

I hope it at least has a new transfer.  The existing one is fine, but technology has improved over the last 6 years.  I'm not holding my breath, considering WB used the old transfer on their new My Fair Lady SE.

Bruce Lee

I think its been left as it is, who's Warner to give a rats-ass.

Blood and Steel doc is the only worthwhile thing on it, id rather spend my money on this;