The Beatles

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:24:15 AM

Pas

apparently 15 of the top 20 billboard are beatles albums this week  :shock:

Neil

and all around the same time as a McCartney tour wraps up, and rockband comes out for them.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

tpfkabi

and it's 9-9-09

number nine number nine number nine
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pas

he'll probably make a billion dollar this year seriously

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

Don't worry half will be lost in the next divorce.

Oh, girl

SiliasRuby

First of all beatles music sells out every year. Second, that 9/09/09 thing was planned. And Third he's going to be making more money (or at least saving more money) since Michael jackson said in his will that when he dies he's giving back the whole beatles catalogue back to paul, yoko, ringo, and olivia.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I wonder what it's like to not only be loaded but to ensured that you'll be even more loaded for years to come, and all you had to do was start doing all kinds of drugs turning your pop band psychedelic.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

They were making tons of money before they took any drugs. Then in 1965 Bob Dylan introduced them to pot and that led to Cocaine, LSD, and heroin.

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

YEAH AND THEN THEY GOT GOOD.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Yeah, rubber soul on to let it be is 10, top notch.

My Collection

tpfkabi

Let it Be is not really an album. i mean really. it is, but it isn't.
everybody didn't jive on it.
it's pretty cool for what it is with John's commentary jabs.
no ringo song, duh.

just listened to several live covers of Beatles' tunes by Elliott Smith. He was always pretty faithful to the original versions.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

Quote from: bigideas on September 18, 2009, 11:31:16 AM
Let it Be is not really an album. i mean really. it is, but it isn't.
everybody didn't jive on it.
it's pretty cool for what it is with John's commentary jabs.
no ringo song, duh.

just listened to several live covers of Beatles' tunes by Elliott Smith. He was always pretty faithful to the original versions.

OH, it jives. If someone is speaking of being consumed with the idea of them not really liking each other or something, so their "thing" doesn't transfer (not sure if that's why you think it's not an album, just commenting) that's far off, when the music started they did not give a fuck and the magic happens because three badass mofo's are helping carry another badass mofo's song., look no further than the rooftop concert.  Maybe ringo doesn't sing a song, but at that time no one needed a carl perkins tune. Besides they didn't like each other way before then.

Pas

yeah let it be is really good. Except the song Let it Be. That one and Yesterday are two of the most annoying songs ever. When I see someone with a guitar in a party and he starts playing either of these two songs I know he's a fool

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on September 18, 2009, 11:31:16 AMno ringo song, duh.

You don't count his rendition of Oh Danny Boy?

Quote from: Pas Rap on September 18, 2009, 03:16:22 PMWhen I see someone with a guitar in a party and he starts playing either of these two songs I know he's a fool [on the hill]
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks