NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

cronopio 2

i just played my first hour of portal 2. the only thing i keep thinking when i play these type of games is how much i despise people who refuse to take videogames seriously. i mean , those are probably the worse kind of people. and, you know what, maybe paul thomas anderson is one. go fuck yourself, paul thomas anderson.

polkablues

I just finished the single player mode of that today. Holy crap, that game is perfection.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cronopio 2

i am very curious about playing it in co-op mode. polka, if your'e interested, it would be a privilege if you let me be your partner.

will you accept this rose?  

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio 2 on May 11, 2011, 11:34:10 PM
i am very curious about playing it in co-op mode. polka, if your'e interested, it would be a privilege if you let me be your partner.

will you accept this rose?  

If they ever get PSN back up and running, let's try and set that up.  I've tried to convince my fiancee to play the co-op split-screen with me, but she ain't having it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

LA Noire or Witcher 2?! So much fun to be had, so little time.

I'll start off with LA Noire I think, just to be able to talk about it here since I guess no one is a Witcher here?

The Perineum Falcon

Getting L.A. Noire after work today. Took tomorrow off.

I can't wait. :shock:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 17, 2011, 08:13:04 AM
Getting L.A. Noire after work today. Took tomorrow off.

I can't wait. :shock:

I pre-ordered on Amazon so it'll be waiting for me after work, though I've got tickets tonight to the first-ever public screening of the director's cut of Ishtar, with Elaine May in attendance. Ohhhhh....
My assholeness knows no bounds.

The Perineum Falcon

What was the bonus with Amazon pre-order? Was it a hat? t-shirt? or different quest?

I pre-ordered thru Gamestop since it comes with The Naked City case, which sounded most appealing to me.

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 17, 2011, 10:29:59 AM
What was the bonus with Amazon pre-order? Was it a hat? t-shirt? or different quest?

I pre-ordered thru Gamestop since it comes with The Naked City case, which sounded most appealing to me.

I think it's a suit or something. Gamestop had the best deal of the major retailers but from what I hear all the DLC will eventually find it's way online for everyone. Amazon had the $15 credit going along with the purchase, so that was my biggest motivator.

Myxo

Beat Portal 2 recently. Definitely one of the games of the year. Still working on split-screen co-op with a friend. Can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls game later this year. That may be THE game of the year.

Stefen

At kmart you get a $20 gaming credit and also a free $20 game of your choice with purchase of la noire. Best deal there is.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

USA is funny. Very low cost of life and very high debts.

My friend's father bought a 30 000$ beach side condo in florida. You can hardly get a 1 bedroom condo for less than 200 000$ in Montreal.

You buy LA Noire and get 40$ of free stuff, and I'm sure the game is like 50$? I just paid 80$ for LA Noire with sales tax and got no bonus except the preorder little stuff.

The game was made in Australia and my dollars are worth more/same. Poor Canada.

squints

So who's playin it right now? I just stole a copy from Wal-Mart when the clerk wasn't looking.

U S A! U S A!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 12:08:42 PM
At kmart you get a $20 gaming credit and also a free $20 game of your choice with purchase of la noire. Best deal there is.

Kmarts in NYC are sketchy places, but that is a killer deal.