Horror

Started by TenseAndSober, April 22, 2003, 05:01:56 PM

mogwai

good news, yes. uncensored? no. or?

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02remake remake fucking remake.  get a clue hollywood.

Face/Off Scribes Penning Pet Sematary Redo
Source: Variety

Paramount has signed the Face/Off screenwriters Mike Werb and Michael Colleary to script a remake of the horror thriller Pet Sematary, reports Variety.

The proejct is based on Stephen King's story of a family moving to a small Maine town with a pet cemetery and an Indian burial ground, for Par-based Alphaville to produce. King also wrote the screenplay for Paramount's 1989 release, directed by Mary Lambert and starring Denise Crosby, Dale Midkiff and Fred Gwynne.

The duo, who got together after Werb wrote spec The Mask, most recently wrote the pilot for the small-screen version of S.W.A.T. for Sony Pictures Television and Original and the sci-fi drama Alien Prison for Columbia Pictures with Red Wagon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: themodernage02remake remake fucking remake.  get a clue hollywood.
Face/Off Scribes Penning Pet Sematary Redo
well thats good news!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

what is the deal with all the horror remakes that hollywood has a hard on for these days.  I miss the concept of original ideas.

modage

Quote from: Bankywhat is the deal with all the horror remakes that hollywood has a hard on for these days.  I miss the concept of original ideas.
hell, i'd even settle for stealing/paying homage to other peoples ideas without giving credit.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Bankywhat is the deal with all the horror remakes that hollywood has a hard on for these days.  I miss the concept of original ideas.
hell, i'd even settle for stealing/paying homage to other peoples ideas without giving credit.

Worked for Danny Boyle...

MacGuffin

Oh Yeah!  :yabbse-thumbup: "Thanks, lady. Thanks for the ride."

CREEPSHOW 2 (1987) - DIVIMAX SPECIAL EDITION

The sequel to George A. Romero and Stephen King's comic horror classic returns to DVD in an extras packed edition complete with a new DiviMax approved hi-def widescreen transfer.  Extras will include a new audio commentary with Director Michael Gornick, Never-Before-Seen Behind-the-Scenes footage and much more!  Turn the page this Fall!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

Quote from: hacksparrow

please explain.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Quote from: rustinglass
Quote from: hacksparrow

please explain.

If you've seen "Omega Man" and "Day Of The Dead" you know how much was 'stolen' to make "28 Days Later".

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffinOh Yeah!  :yabbse-thumbup: "Thanks, lady. Thanks for the ride."

CREEPSHOW 2 (1987) - DIVIMAX SPECIAL EDITION

The sequel to George A. Romero and Stephen King's comic horror classic returns to DVD in an extras packed edition complete with a new DiviMax approved hi-def widescreen transfer.  Extras will include a new audio commentary with Director Michael Gornick, Never-Before-Seen Behind-the-Scenes footage and much more!  Turn the page this Fall!

was the original creepshow the one with julianne moore and steve buscemi and christian slater? b/c that was on last night... and it really really sucked so bad. not to the point of being good, but to the point of, i hate this movie so much, yet i'm still watching it? why does this movie attract me so?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: taz.was the original creepshow the one with julianne moore and steve buscemi and christian slater? b/c that was on last night... and it really really sucked so bad. not to the point of being good, but to the point of, i hate this movie so much, yet i'm still watching it? why does this movie attract me so?

No, that was:

And you're right it wasn't very good. Only the cat story was of interest.

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

The horror channel is going to rock! It premieres in october 04.

www.horrochannel.com

And the coolest part from the faq.

Q.  Will the Horror Channel show movies edited or cut?  
A.  All films will be presented unedited and uncut. And whenever possible in the letterbox format.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: StefenThe horror channel is going to rock! It premieres in october 04.

www.horrochannel.com

And the coolest part from the faq.

Q.  Will the Horror Channel show movies edited or cut?  
A.  All films will be presented unedited and uncut. And whenever possible in the letterbox format.
Nice! Can't wait for it.

modage

Quote from: StefenThe horror channel is going to rock! It premieres in october 04.
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=4717