The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Pubrick

OK, but they are still jerks for talking about it at all. There's no guarantee to anyone reading that they won't go into too much detail, it's just not worth the risk to read past the words "final shot" and they'd be idiots to think otherwise.

It reminds me of Richard Schickel's 1980 review of The Shining in time magazine where he specifically says what's in the final shot, not that Jack is in the picture but that the film ends with a photo from 1921. What - a - fuckhead.. even for avid fans of the book (not exactly the target market for that particular strip of celluloid anyway) that was meant to be a surprise.. it had no precedent anywhere.

Journalism, I tell ya, it ain't is what it used to be.
under the paving stones.

theyarelegion

I agree. I stopped when I got to the words "final shot" and then...read on, hoping for the best. Cheers for spoiling The Shining for me, though.

72teeth

OOOOOOh Shit! Legion :bravo:

Im sure there's some gif for that, but fuck it, i can speak for myself.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Alexandro

Quote from: matt35mm on August 19, 2012, 04:01:05 PM
Yes.

I saw a few movies in 70mm last year (Baraka, 2001: A Space Odyssey) and there is a big difference. The screen at The Paramount and at the Ritz (which will be our new 70mm venue) are decent-sized without being MASSIVE. But I can tell you that the difference is absolutely clear. A massive screen is not necessary to appreciate the difference. It's more about the sharper image, and that "immersive" quality is totally still there.

thanks, I'm hoping to go there for the 21st...but of course money and time are issues...

72teeth

The CiggyVine Twitter Thing points out that the bless-ed Castro Theatre has Aug21 scheduled as "TBA"...!

Given InTyler's "19th-21st of the month/heads-up" theory...

and the fact that Castro held an early screening of ChereMill...

I guess im just gonna have to go camping, now aren't i :yabbse-grin:

@pete?

Yowza Yowza Yowza

matt35mm

BY THE HANDS OF FATE I am going to be in San Francisco tomorrow night. PLEASE OH FUCKING GOD let me get a ticket to this.

72teeth, if you get a chance to buy a ticket, can you please buy an extra? I will try to buy my own ticket online if that's an option but in case I can't or if I fail to be online at the right time... I can do the same for you if you want, just to better our chances. If we end up with extra tickets I will gladly give them to a fellow PTA fan. I just don't want to miss this.

72teeth

literally as i posted that, they announced it!

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: IT'S COMING!!!!! :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

Quote from: 72teeth on August 17, 2012, 08:52:54 PM
"Oh... Oh... Oh!"

...from Office Space

PEEEEEEETTTEE!!!! Hit Me Up!...and yes Matt! I will do my best and report soon!!  :salute:

Yowza Yowza Yowza

matt35mm

CONFIRMED

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-master-screening-in-chicago_20.html

We just have to keep our eyes on www.castrotheatre.com (I don't see anything listed right now)

I will buy 2 tickets when I see it, just in case one of us misses out. Pete's also maybe down and maybe someone else so it's good to have extras.

theyarelegion

matt35mm

Neil

Spoilers

I'm excited for all of you.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 20, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

Oh my God, you guys, he's fucking with us!

It even sounds like it

..me gusta.
under the paving stones.

chere mill

Quote from: theyarelegion on August 20, 2012, 05:01:21 PM

amazing tracking shot. that's the most exciting clip, so far.

I am Schmi

Anyone have any recommendations on how early we should get to the theater?

InTylerWeTrust

Jesus H. Christ... It looks like a fucking painting/Ultra realistic Video game  :bravo: 

This one minute clip looks better than most movies...

I know for sure that Austin will be next...  I just hope he makes a stop in Boston during this secret tour.  :yabbse-grin:

P.S:   I am totally convinced now, that the "ALROSEPROMOTIONS" Youtube channel, is ran by PTA himself. Not a doubt in my mind...   I wonder if he sits there and reads all those comments and giggles to himself lol.  GENIUS.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.