Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Drenk

The six (!) singles for the new Vampire Weekend have been mostly underwhelming, but I love this one.

Ascension.

Robyn

Robyn

Robyn

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I fucking love Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz. Such an underrated album.

Nails9

We got the System, to fuck the System, We got the System
WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

Neil

cannot get over:
a) the delivery of this tune
b) the sound of Willie's voice here
c) the way he's playing the guitar so sparse, but holding it down rhythmically with his vocal melody
d) everything else about it

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Robyn

That's a nice song!

Alethia

Robyn

Decent song, but Tindersticks/Stuart A. Staples has made better songs than that.

Might as well drop some of my favs here.

Robyn

I have listened to a lot of The Bergerfolk recently. Haven't find any information on them, but they seems to be a family who made recordings of old folk songs and children's songs back in the 70s. There's literally thousands of other versions of these songs, but they stand out from the rest for me. The lo-fi sound make me warm inside! And their album title "Sing for joy"is a very fitting description.

Alethia

Quote from: Robyn on April 20, 2019, 01:50:31 PM
Decent song, but Tindersticks/Stuart A. Staples has made better songs than that.

Might as well drop some of my favs here.

Nice!!! And let us not forget:

Drenk

Ascension.

Drenk

Capacity by Big Thief is an amazing album. I don't often think "I need to see them live" since I rarely enjoy concerts but I was glad to see that they come here at the end of the month. I've got my ticket.
Ascension.

Drenk

Ascension.

Robyn

My favorite single out of the bunch. Amazing!