Lost World: Cut Scenes & The Future of JP

Started by AnubisGOJ, March 22, 2003, 10:26:43 PM

AnubisGOJ

In the course of waiting anxiously for Lost World, I had stumbled upon my first glimspe of the movie. It was a scene set in San Diego in an alleyway, where Veloceraptors were loose- and fighting/chasing gang members.

What ever happened to this footage? It was the first stuff I had ever seen for it, and it was absent even on the DVD supplements.

Many signs point to raptors in SD, including a number of shredded crew members on the boat, so what gives?

I can see how the extra plot threat would be extraneous, but I would have liked to have seen it on the DVD. Does anyone have the full story out there?
What does not kill you merely prolongs the inevitable.

sphinx

Alternate Versions for
Lost World: Jurassic Park, The (1997)    

The 1999 UK DVD double box set release of both the Jurassic Park films featured a number of deleted scenes not featured on any release or test screening beforehand. There are also a number of outtakes unseen before included on both films.

oakmanc234

Velociraptors attacking gang members in San Diego ASWELL as the T-Rex taking to the streets? Coooool. Overkill, but cool.

The original ending is fine on it's own anyway (I LOVE 'Lost World', the darkest, slickest and most action-heavy of the trilogy).
'Lost World' isn't a better film than 'JP' but it totally eclipses it in fun and visual extravegance. As for 'JP3', it was fast & furious but not a touch on the first two epics.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

bonanzataz

Quote from: oakmanc234Velociraptors attacking gang members in San Diego ASWELL as the T-Rex taking to the streets? Coooool. Overkill, but cool.

The original ending is fine on it's own anyway (I LOVE 'Lost World', the darkest, slickest and most action-heavy of the trilogy).
'Lost World' isn't a better film than 'JP' but it totally eclipses it in fun and visual extravegance. As for 'JP3', it was fast & furious but not a touch on the first two epics.

Phew, I thought I was the only one that liked it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

I liked it A LOT. julianne moore is in it too.

AnubisGOJ

Everywhere I looked, signs pointed to an alternate ending to JP3. In the end, a 2nd T-Rex kills the big new dino... taking revenge for its mate's demise earlier in the film.

Allegedly it was the appearance of the T-Rex that scares the Raptors, instead of the abrupt military show of force.

Several early reviews cited this scene, although many complained that it was bloody, very bloody. If this was cut, that might be why.

Does anyone have a clue as to whether or not this is the case?
What does not kill you merely prolongs the inevitable.

MacGuffin

In an interview with FX man Stan Winston about Terminator 3, Stan made some comments about the new Jurassic Park. This is in the latest issue of BOXOFFICE magazine.

What's happening concerning Jurassic Park IV?

SW- Plenty of brainstorming sessions with Steven Spielberg! Even though it's pretty early in the piece, things are moving forward very nicely. We're into the design phase here at the studio. Our drawings and concepts get submitted to Steven, who makes changes or corrections if he wants to. We're doing a lot of research and checking up on the latest dinosaur theories, because this has always been about making the animals as accurate and realistic as possible. We're just getting an idea of how challenging this project will be. During our concept meetings, Steven has said 'I want a particular dinosaur to do this, this, and this. Can you do that?' Yeah, yeah, we can do it. He asks me how we are going to do it and I just say 'I don't know how we will do it, but we'll figure out a way to do it and we'll do it' (laughs). There is no official director yet, but yeah, it is going ahead slowly but surely.

What do you hope to achieve with a fourth installment?

SW- From a creature standpoint? We're going beyond what we have done in the first three films. For example, there will be motors inside the raptors this time, which gives you a more direct relationship of point of movement to point of control. We have so much now in our knowledge bank of what we can do live with animatronics, and how much we can do with digital animation. We'll continue to blend these technologies in ways they've never been blended before. My goal on Jurassic Park IV is to show the audience something that hasn't been seen before, or what's been seen before, but in a different way - raise the bar and do it in ways that people have not seen before. You use what you've done and you take the bar further.

How will Jurassic Park IV's story improve on what has been seen previously?

SW- All I can say at this stage is that it's extremely exciting. Expect to see many new dinosaurs, as well as some old favorites from the last three movies. There are also several previously unfilmed scenes from Michael Crichton's novels which Steven is looking to adapt, plus a whole bunch of really creative new stuff. It's all coming together to create what should be a remarkable cinematic experience. If you thought we sent the world into dino-mania back in 1993, hah! You ain't seen nothin' yet. If dinosaurs are big now, they're going to be huge come 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

Cooly! but you got my hopes up, i thought some one had finally found this-

Quote from: AnubisGOJ on March 22, 2003, 10:26:43 PM
In the course of waiting anxiously for Lost World, I had stumbled upon my first glimspe of the movie. It was a scene set in San Diego in an alleyway, where Veloceraptors were loose- and fighting/chasing gang members.

Seeing this scene and reading Michael O'Donoghue's Arrive Alive are on the top of my mewvee-neard bucket list...

The original Little Shop ending is the only thing crossed off that list.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza