Road Show

Started by Kal, December 24, 2008, 01:31:11 AM

Kal

So a few here know that I'm finally doing my permanent move from Miami to LA. I have been spending most of my time over there already, but now I'm finally giving up my place in Miami, taking everything I have, including cars and dog.

Why do I bore you with this? Well, I'm going to take a road trip as I move from South Florida to California. Just me and my dog. I figured its as good as an opportunity as ever to do this, as I have also no rush to get to LA when I leave here after the new year.

The tentative plan I have is that I will go by Jacksonville, New Orleans, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, El Paso, Phoenix, Los Angeles. That may change a bit, but its what I have decided so far. I will do this in one, two, three weeks... whatever it takes me to do it and enjoy it.

Point then is, anybody here in these cities or towns nearby? I know RegularKarate is in Austin, and would love to have a drink/coffee with him and anybody else along the way. I'm also a tourist in most of these places so tips or suggestions are appreciated.

That's all :)

MacGuffin

I'll have a Laker T-shirt ready when you finally get here.  :yabbse-wink:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Either we have no Xixaxers in Middle America or you guys are a bunch of fuckos.

Anyhow, Mac, it will take some time until I wear the Lakers jersey but at least the Lakers were my favorite team when I was growing up before I moved to Miami. Magic Johnson and Shaq are my idols. I still favor the Lakers over any other team for the Finals this year. But after the ass-whooping we gave the Lakers last week, I think I'll stick around with my boys :)

Will definitely go to the games often, so if you are into that we'll go.

Ghostboy

Depending on when you leave, I may be in Austin - let me know! Also, I'd advise skipping Phoenix (boring) but going to Albuquerque (cool!) en route to LA....

matt35mm

Phoenix is definitely crap.

That road trip sounds really excellent!  I definitely would have met up with you if I lived in one of those places.  I'd be jealous if I weren't traveling around Europe.  Have a great time and all the best in L.A.

RegularKarate

Definitely hit me up when you get near Austin.  We can get a drink.

Kal

RK, will do.

GBoy, not sure of the dates but will let you know. If not I will see you in LA anyways.

Should be a fun trip. Also I hope I will use some of the time to write during my stops, get some inspiration from the road :)