Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

Drenk

But then he names a movie Feet Fest and he's unmasked.
Ascension.

Alethia

Alethia

Drenk

Hmmm. That teaser made me think that it might be...not good.
Ascension.

Alethia

Drenk

"Not good" for Tarantino. So, you know, still very enjoyable. But I thought The Hateful Eight would suck and it's probably my favorite Tarantino with Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction.  :)
Ascension.

Alethia

I was very surprised by Hateful 8 too. But I've only seen the 70mm Roadshow version, no idea how it plays small.

Something Spanish

digging it myself, looks like a fun romp, though hard to get a firm grasp based on the teaser.

wilberfan

Quote from: Drenk on March 20, 2019, 08:42:47 AM
"Not good" for Tarantino. So, you know, still very enjoyable. But I thought The Hateful Eight would suck and it's probably my favorite Tarantino with Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction.  :)

Nothing in that trailer that makes me any less excited to see the film opening weekend, come July.  I'm a bit biased, though.  Quentin shot all over L.A. for several months (!), and I hung around a few of the sets here and there (particularly the Hollywood Blvd stuff). And, having grown up in L.A. (I was actually attending Hollywood High in '69) it should be a nostalgic hoot to see it all again thru Richardson's lenses.

I was really looking forward to Hateful Eight, tho, too, and found that a massive disappointment, so I guess I'll have to be prepared for that possibility as well.

The trailer seems to be restating most what we've been told already?  "Tarantino! Big stars! Vintage Hollywood! Charlie Manson & The Girls!"  It looks cool, and that's a bonus. 

Did anyone else think first viewing that Leo was channeling Kurt Russell there at the end...?  (I thought it was Kurt for a second...)   And, an awesome Bruce Lee!

Lottery

Looks different, which is more than welcome when it comes to Tarantino.

Perhaps this trailer is presenting the film more to be more comedic/fun than it actually is? Will the upcoming trailers be darker and more sinister?
I was hoping to see QT break new ground emotionally/thematically with this one.

I foresee Brad Pitt being amazing in this.

Also, holy heck that Bruce Lee impression.

Something Spanish

wilber, any recollections of the vibes around town after the murders?

Robyn

It didn't cure my depression, so I'm disappointed.

No, it looks great. You would think this was mostly about Pitt/Dicaprio, but remember the gigantic fucking cast in this? And the Inglourious Basterds teaser? It didn't show anything else besides Brad Pitt being cool and killing nazis. I'm sure Margot Robbie will have more things to do then to walk around and look pretty.

Still curious how the hell this will pan out.

wilberfan

Quote from: Something Spanish on March 20, 2019, 10:24:52 AM
wilber, any recollections of the vibes around town after the murders?

My personal vibe was one of...concern?...especially following the LaBianca murder the following night.  I lived in the suburbs so felt somehow safer (even tho we were literally just over the hill in the Valley from both).  I didn't think I was in imminent danger--L.A. was such a gigantic fucking place you feel like the odds were pretty low you'd be next--but it certainly got your attention.   Both Mom and Dad were in the biz--but I don't remember overhearing any more-concerned-than-usual conversations from them about the murders.  A lot of shit had gone down by the late 60s--culturally, politically--at some point you just sorta surfed each new, holy-fuck news story as they came along. 

WorldForgot

Yayy!!!!! Two of my friendz ended up on the trailer! Kansas is in two of the shotz ~
So excited to watch this jubilant film -- gives me the same vibe the inglorious teaser did, and that one had an even cheesier smirk on -- Isn't Sharon smiling? Could this be another re-written revenge? Excited for this film's turnz.

Alethia

Maybe Bruce Lee saves Sharon Tate...? A dopey projection that seems to be going around Twitter. Mostly at a jest, but still :doh:

I can't imagine a scenario re: OUATIH in which fucking around with the established facts of this particular case could ever be pulled off successfully. With Hitler it's one thing, blow him to bits yay!!!! but these were innocent people - she was 8 months pregnant for fucksake - how could it come off as anything but in poor taste? I don't see it working. I certainly don't believe Sharon's sister would have approved the script if that were the case. And furthermore if the murders were ultimately prevented, the Family would have no historical/dramatic value or relevance.

I don't buy it!