Xixax Awards 2005

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 12, 2005, 09:24:23 PM

picolas

Thomas Haden Church: sup or lead?
Owen Wilson (Aq): sup or lead?

Gamblour.

All of the actors and actresses in Closer? Whose leading in that? All of them?
Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine?

Quote from: wantautopia?For director, actor, etc. do you want like, say "Ed Wood" or "Wood, Ed?"  (Asking because I'm also wondering if you want these alphabetical too?)

He didn't answer your question....I'm wondering too

Also, what about the Shaun of the Dead director? IMDb lists him as having some 70 minute movie ten years ago, then he went to TV, does that POS count? Can't we make this his debut?
WWPTAD?

cine

Quote from: picolasThomas Haden Church: sup or lead?
Sup &
Sup

Quote from: GamblorAll of the actors and actresses in Closer? Whose leading in that? All of them?
Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine?
Winslet is leading in ES. As for the Closer actors.. I'm not sure what we're doing with that.

As for Closer.. I'll say this is going to be debatable. I referred to the Oscar campaign and it lists Law as lead, Owen and Portman as supporting and I didn't find anything on Roberts but I'd like to think she was supporting too with Law being the center of the story.

And as for "Ed Wood" or "Wood, Ed" .. don't be fancy.. stick to "Ed Wood".. and in alphabetical order would be nice!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.
Quote from: wantautopia?For director, actor, etc. do you want like, say "Ed Wood" or "Wood, Ed?"  (Asking because I'm also wondering if you want these alphabetical too?)

He didn't answer your question....I'm wondering too
Sorry about the confusion... MacGuffin answered that part, but I guess it was deleted. For actors (we need names only when we're dealing with actors) write "Owen Wilson" and alphabetize by last name.

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.Shaun of the Dead . . . Can't we make this his debut?
Sounds good to me, unless anyone objects.

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: picolasThomas Haden Church: sup or lead?
Sup &
Sup
I strongly disagree about Church. I'd argue that he's a lead. The two guys in Sideways are leads, and everyone else is supporting. Doesn't that make sense?

I agree about Wilson, though. Can we say that Bill Murray was the lead in The Life Aquatic and everyone else is supporting?

picolas

what about sups and leads and huckabees?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: picolaswhat about leads and sups in huckabees?
That's a really tough one. Any opinions?

I really want to say that Jason Schwartzman, Mark Wahlberg, Jude Law, Naomi Watts, Dustin Hoffman, Lily Tomlin, and Isabelle Huppert are all leads. They're more or less equal.

cine

There's no freakin' way Isabelle Huppert is a lead in Huckabees.

that is all.

Jeremy Blackman

This is the question... in an ensemble movie, is everyone a lead actor or is everyone a supporting actor?

And haven't we agreed that our definition of "lead" is expansive?

cine

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThis is the question... in an ensemble movie, is everyone a lead actor or is everyone a supporting actor?

And haven't we agreed that our definition of "lead" is expansive?
It's an ensemble movie but the center of the film is Schwartzman so his role would be worth a lead nod while the others get supporting.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cinephileIt's an ensemble movie but the center of the film is Schwartzman so his role would be worth a lead nod while the others get supporting.
I'd argue that Schwartzman is the starting point, but the film has no center... it's a web of connections (the blanket!). Plus, considering the wide expanse between the Xixax meaning of "lead" and the Xixax meaning of "supporting," how can you put Schwartzman that far above the others?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ono

NO DON'T YOU CAN STILL WIN!

cine

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI'd argue that Schwartzman is the starting point, but the film has no center... it's a web of connections (the blanket!). Plus, considering the wide expanse between the Xixax meaning of "lead" and the Xixax meaning of "supporting," how can you put Schwartzman that far above the others?
I don't know, but at this rate, half the voters have lost interest in figuring this all out.

©brad

Quote from: cinephile
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI'd argue that Schwartzman is the starting point, but the film has no center... it's a web of connections (the blanket!). Plus, considering the wide expanse between the Xixax meaning of "lead" and the Xixax meaning of "supporting," how can you put Schwartzman that far above the others?
I don't know, but at this rate, half the voters have lost interest in figuring this all out.

why not just put them all as supporting? wouldn't that be the easiest?

modage

guys, guys, nobody will be voting for that movie anyways!  that'd be like saying "is sharon stone supporting or leading in catwoman?"   :laughing:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.