A question (What would the world be like without captain hook?)

Started by bonanzataz, April 08, 2003, 09:48:13 PM

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pedro

Cecil

i think a certain alligator would have been depressed. having no meaning in his life. im sure he would have snuffed himself.

Kev Hoffman

There'd definitely be less "captain scratching-self with hook" jokes.

Can't say I'd miss them horribly.

picolas

what an amazing question.

we have to consider the implications of no one being around to lead any pirates to stop children from not growing up. eventually, no one would ever become an adult. systems, rules and regulations would decline, and, with little want or need for sex, mankind would grow to be extinct. so, from a certain angle, we owe everything that terrible, terrible, mustache-toting ruffian.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: picolaswhat an amazing question.

we have to consider the implications of no one being around to lead any pirates to stop children from not growing up. eventually, no one would ever become an adult. systems, rules and regulations would decline, and, with little want or need for sex, mankind would grow to be extinct. so, from a certain angle, we owe everything that terrible, terrible, mustache-toting ruffian.

are you saying that kids don't like sex? i was banging females when i was in the 2nd grade.
...your excuses are your own...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bonanzatazWhat would the world be like without captain hook?

Nazi Germany

budgie

Quote from: picolaswhat an amazing question.

I'm not convinced... no systems, rules and regs would remove the moral censorship that prevents children from reproducing. If mankind became extinct it would be because NeverNever Land is populated by boys.

On the other hand... Michael Jackson.  :?

But then, kids soon make their own rules, depressingly similar to the ones adults make. Conclusion: Hook is superfluous except that without him the kids would have no one to fight and so would soon resort to cannabalism. In fact, removing Hook could be a revolutionary act! Then we'd see what Peter was made of and how long before he had a nasty insurrection on his hands...

Alethia

it would be without one of dustin hoffmann's more interesting (but not necessarily in a good way) performances.  perhaps if he was opening a ride at disney land.......but everybody was too good for that movie: hoffman, williams, especially spielberg, etc.  i'm sorry - i couldn't think of a funny reply so - i guess it would be a better place.

picolas

budgie. we meet for the first time.

Quote from: budgieI'm not convinced... no systems, rules and regs would remove the moral censorship that prevents children from reproducing.

i just don't think the drive is there for the age of most kids who get into NeverNever Land. and what about this? if they did, at some point, reproduce, wouldn't the babies technically never grow???? sooner or later, the land would be populated almost entirely by newborn babies!

Quote from: budgieBut then, kids soon make their own rules, depressingly similar to the ones adults make.

are they capable of maintaining those rules? eventual rebellion and the constant questioning of limits in children is practically a given, i'd say...

Quote from: budgiethe kids would have no one to fight and so would soon resort to cannabalism.

whaaaaat?! they've got berries and fruit trees and snakies a plenty...

Quote from: budgieIn fact, removing Hook could be a revolutionary act! Then we'd see what Peter was made of and how long before he had a nasty insurrection on his hands...

and there you have it...it all ends in the decline of systems, rules and regulations either way...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

budgie

Quote from: picolasbudgie. we meet for the first time.

I've brushed you with my wing before now, mister.

Quote from: picolasi just don't think the drive is there for the age of most kids who get into NeverNever Land. and what about this? if they did, at some point, reproduce, wouldn't the babies technically never grow???? sooner or later, the land would be populated almost entirely by newborn babies!

Unless the boy-adults (so identified by default) resorted to cannabalising them as a method of control. I think that's likely. Easy meat - why hunt when you can harvest? Therefore the population would be stabilised (temporarily) as a collective of the original Lost.  

Quote from: picolasare they capable of maintaining those rules? eventual rebellion and the constant questioning of limits in children is practically a given, i'd say...

A constant questioning of limits that would, given the presence of any female children, soon lead to sexual curiosity and the need to find new entertainments. Discovery of consequences would then inevitably arouse an even greater passion for knowledge... etc... Rules develop around the basic drives: competitive, hungry and inquisitive. The rules are less important than the impulse behind them.

Quotewhaaaaat?! they've got berries and fruit trees and snakies a plenty...

I speak metaphorically but also literally now. Without an enemy (Hook) to absorb the excess drive produced by enforced abstinence from sex and war, boredom would soon set in and result in both infighting and the thirst for variety in the diet.

Quote from: picolasand there you have it...it all ends in the decline of systems, rules and regulations either way...

Not when the system supports the bending of rules to suit the drive for eternal youth and all that it allows. Hook would merely be replaced by some other external evil: one plucked from the boys' very own loins.

Let's face it, without Wendy to mother them those kids would be fucked.  :yabbse-sad:

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgieLet's face it, without Wendy to mother them those kids would be fucked.  :yabbse-sad:

Which is why the board misses you when you are away.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: budgieLet's face it, without Wendy to mother them those kids would be fucked.  :yabbse-sad:

Which is why the board misses you when you are away.

But I want to be a boy.  :yabbse-embarassed:

When I get my dick, Guffy, you can be the first to suck it.